Denying The Reality

''Harry

No. No. No. Please tell me this is a dream. Please. Just a dream - or maybe a nightmare.

I rushed to Louis to check the damages. I glanced at the car that hit Lou as it rushed away from us. Fortunately, I saw the plate number. Unfortunately, it looks like that Louis was in great danger. There was blood coming out of him, probably from his head. I immediately called the ambulance that will attend to Lou's needs. Until it arrives, I did everything I learned from our First Aid Seminar back when I was in middle school. I checked his pulse and heartbeat. Everything seemed okay, or so I thought it was. I realized that his heartbeat is slowing down. "No, Lou. Please don't do this to me. No, don't," I murmured panically. It seems that his body understood me, because for a moment, his heartbeat became stable again. "Oh, thank God." But right after I said that, his heartbeat went so fast and quickly it slowed down. I'm really dense about heartbeats, but I have feeling that this is never a good sign.

"Oh c'mon. Where's the frigging ambulance?" I screamed with frustration, looking for any sign of an ambulance. After a few long seconds, I hear the distant sound of what hopefully is an ambulance. At last, it is the ambulance. Seeing us, the vehicle parked near the sidewalk.

"What took you so long?" I demanded. "Sorry, we caught traffic on the way here. People have got to know how to respect officials!" I just nodded, but not really agreeing that medics aren't exactly 'officials', but the men are here to help. "Is he going to be alright?" I asked. "We have to see in the hospital." They placed him in some kind of a stretched bed and put him inside the ambulance. I quickly followed and joined them inside, afraid that they might take him away from me. I called Liam on the way and explained what happened. He said he'll be with us in a moment, along with the other boys. "Hold on, Lou," I said while holding his hand, "We're going to make it."

''Liam

"I swear, they are always in trouble!" I exclaimed after talking to Harry. "Why, what happened?" Niall asked. "I'll explain in the car. C'mon, we're going!" Niall and Zayn rushed after me as I raced to the car, frantic to see what happened to Lou. "Please, please," I murmured.

As we drove to the hospital, the other lads kept shooting me questions. I got really annoyed so I snapped, "Look, Lou is in the hospital. Hit and run. Now, I would really appreciate it if you two would pipe down so we can get there safely." I made sure that I will emphasize every single thing I said to make a point. Sure enough, they became silent. I don't even know why I acted like that, and I can sense that they were a bit hurt, especially Niall. I sighed, "Guys, I'm sorry. It's just... I was a bit stressed," I explained. "No, that's okay," Niall answered with a hint of coldness in his voice. I took a deep breath. 'No,' I thought. 'Everything is not okay.'

''Niall

I have to admit, I was a bit pissed on how Liam blew us off, but I have to deal with that later. The main problem now is Louis. I tried to stay positive, but I can say that getting hit by a car is something serious.

As soon as Liam parked the car, I got off and ran to ten building, not even bothering to wait for the others. I asked the receptionist where Louis is, and she said that he is still in the emergency room. I rushed to look for the room and as soon as I opened the door to the room, I quickly found Harry standing by a bed with a bunch of doctors standing around it. He looked distressed, with his mop of curls flying in all directions, his clothes and hands full of blood, his eyes and nose bloodshot red. I went to where he was and asked, "Is he going to be alright?" Harry just shrugged, staring at Lou's bloody body. Zayn and Liam arrived a minute later, asked the same question and also strared at Louis.