Close Chances

''Louis

"Lou! You've been living with me for days, aren't you gonna go back to your place soon? Harry's been all alone there, who knows what the lad is up to!" Niall exclaims as I walk lazily to the kitchen. "Nah, I'm sure he's got a lot of girls there. Wouldn't be surprised if the place becomes a club." "Lou, you have got to stop that! Now, c'mon. Let me take you home." "Nah, I'm fine here. I'll just pay half of your bills here. You, my mate, you are my new roommate," I say, grinning at him expecting him to smile and forget all about me going back to Harry's place. Instead, I see him standing in front of me, frowning. "Lou, I can't help you if you don't want me to. You can't live here, alright mate? A place with Harry is your home, not here."

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I sigh and lie down on the couch while Niall opened the door to meet the visitor. "Is Louis here?" a familiar and deep voice said from the hallway. I immediately sank on the couch, doing my best to hide, hoping Niall won't give me away. "Yeah, he's right in here." Oh shoot. I pretended to sleep, but that dude reached me before I can even close my eyes.

"Lou," he breathed out. "Hi, Styles. What are you doing here?" I asked, doing my best to act casually. "Lou, please come home with me," he pleaded. "Sorry mate I'll be living in here now." I see him glance at Niall and Niall shook his head and mouthed 'no'. "Look, Louis, I'm really sorry, alright? What do I have to do to get you to forgive me?" "Nothing," I reply without missing a beat. "N-N-Nothing? Really, Lou? Nothing?" he asks, sobbing. "Oh dear, here comes the waterworks," I muttered, rolling my eyes. "C'mon, I can't do a-anything to make it up to you?" he asked, his overly dramatic sobbing drowning most of it. "Nothing. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to take a nap before I beat the shit out of you," I say, leaving Harry and Niall alone.

''Harry

I continued crying at Niall's place, sitting on the floor while staring at Lou's closed door. Niall invited me to go to Liam's place for a while, but I wouldn't move so he left me alone here.

I decided to lie down for a while, still on the floor, and closed my eyes. I haven't sleep for days now, since Louis wouldn't come home, and I could use a little nap right now. I took a deep breath, and let myself drift off to sleep.

''Liam

"Man, what are we gonna do?" Zayn asked worriedly. I screamed in frustration, running my hand through my hair. "This cannot be happening. Please tell me this is a dream," I tell them. "Li, calm down for a moment. We have to think of a way to reunite those two - fast," Niall said.

I paced back and forth, thinking of a way to stop further damage on their relationship. "How about... we cancel the list?" I offer. Quickly they looked at me, eyes full of thoughts and worries. Zayn asked, "How?" I sat on the couch and thought about it. "Maybe Uncle Si can cancel the whole plan if we ask nicely. Plus, it probably worked anyway. Look at how sad Harry is now. He's practically begging Lou to be with him." "Well then, this is great! When are we going to tell Lou?" Ni asked. "Now," Zayn said, leaving the room and heading to Niall's place.

''Zayn

"What's the rush?" they asked. "Oh nothing. I'm just excited to see them make up soon!" We all laughed as we go inside Niall's place.