FAY: Two

It's been 5 days since the Ice Queen brought me to her house. I've stayed in one of the guest bedrooms. The room is as far as possible from her children's rooms. I, apparently, am a bad influence on the Alpha children. The alpha's only daughter, Serafina, even came to dinner in pants instead of her pretty dress. That was my fault, of course. It has nothing to do with the fact that that girl is a tomboy, who idolizes her two big brothers. No! It was and will always be my fault. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed the shock on Mrs. Cage's face when the little girl walked into the dining room. The scolding I got was almost worth it.

I mostly stay in my room. I try to read as much as possible. There's so much to learn. I'm almost sixteen. I have only two years to prepare and teach myself everything possible. See, I am a werewolf, but not an ordinary wolf. I come from a long line of protectors. I am an Irish werewolf; I am on this Earth to protect. Every cell in my body is destined to serve others. I am under Mrs. Cages's roof right now, because the alpha hired my father as the defense supervisor of his pack 6 months ago. He has to stay away from home a lot. Before he left for his last business trip, he had a discussion with Mrs. Cage. My father asked her to keep an eye on me. According to my father, I needed a female role model in my life. Mrs. Cage agreed - and here I was, under her protective eye.

I let the book (this time I'm learning about lethal wounds) slip from my hands on my mattress. I yawn and stretch my arms and legs. It's almost 6 o'clock. Dinner time. Yay. I get up and walk to the mirror. I look "decent". It's funny how quick Mrs. Cage was able to get me new "decent" clothes. Today I'm wearing a flower dress that makes me look like a child. The pink ballerina shoes are icing on the cake. I decided to let my hair fall down on my shoulder. I am not good with hair so this is the safest option. I take a deep breath and walk out of the room. There are old paintings on the corridor walls and golden antique lanterns. The carpet is dark blue. It feels soft under my ballerinas. I like the corridor, not because of its flamboyant decor, but because at the end of it, right before the stairs, there's the Alpha's study. And his study has several shelves with books from all over the world. When the Alpha is not in the house and no one else is around, I sneak in an borrow a book - like my lethal wound book. I never take more than one book, so he won't notice. I go in and take a book, I never go through his papers - of course not!

I walk past the door. It's closed, but what's inside, makes me smile. I go downstairs and remember to put my hand on the handrail as a lady should. A lady that looks like an 8-year-old.

*********************************************

As I enter the dining room, my eyes widen. I had forgotten, that the Alpha has guests tonight.

"Fay, dear," Mrs. Cage speaks with her eyes on my appearance. She nods slightly and stretches her hand to me. It takes a moment before I realize she wants me to go to her. I let out a nervous sigh and walk to her. She puts her hand around my shoulders. My goodness, her Chanel number 5 is strong.

"Mr. Kaye and miss Kaye, may I introduce miss Fay Holloway."

I shake the guests' hands and smile politely. Mrs. Cage ushers me to my seat and miss Kaye sits next to me. Serafina is not present. Neither is Shawn, the Alpha's second son. But Seth Cage is. He sits a couple of seats away from me.

Alpha rises from his seat takes his glass and smiles warmly to all of us.

"Dear guests, I am pleased to have you here and I wish you will enjoy the night as much as I did two months ago when I had the pleasure of visiting your pa- tribe." Alpha raises his glass and the rest of us follow him.

"To tribes and packs," he says.

"To tribes and packs!"