3. Closer

He let the two males fully realize who he was. Then he calmly crossed his arms. 

"You better disappear before I rip your heads off." 

It was a threat but he spoke it so calmly, that the males stared at him baffled. 

"Y-you're on our land. Without permission," the other one stammered. 

"You can tell your alpha,  I'm staying here as long as I need to. And you better not disturb me again." He tried to close the door, but the other male quickly pushed the door so it couldn't close.

"What name are we going to give our alpha?" he asked.

"Shawn Cage." 

He chuckled as the two males reacted to his name. They quickly left. His reputation helped him. He didn't have to worry whether he was in someone's territory. He was a tracker. He found people. But he wasn't just your common tracker. Although strong alpha blood runs in his veins, he didn't belong to any pack. He didn't need to nor wanted to. Those who knew him were afraid of him. And they had every reason to be. You could've called him a rebel.

Shawn started to walk around the hotel room. "Evelyn Magdalena Hales," he once again whispered. He now knew every house she had lived in until she had run away for good. Her aggressive behavior didn't surprise him, after all, she was who she was. It brought him great satisfaction that he knew so much of her. It was inevitable that soon he'd figured out something so essential about her, that he would find her. 

"Evelyn Magdalena Hales. I'll find you. Soon," he said.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Evelyn walked into a pharmacy. She was nervous. She needed the medicine but her fake prescription worried her. She took a breath before going to the counter. There she was greeted by a friendly pharmacist.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

Evelyn didn't say anything. She just handed the prescription. The pharmacist took it and read it through. He glanced at her. It happened often because of the drug she was buying. Earlier it used to bother her, but now she just laughed about it in her mind. Yes, she was a lunatic who needed pills so she wouldn't go ballistic. 

"Take a seat, please. It'll take a few minutes." 

Evelyn was glad, she had borrowed Billy's car and driven to a city nearby. She didn't want to risk getting caught with a fake description in a pharmacy opposite the diner she now worked at. Getting her meds, was always nerve-wracking. She didn't have enough money to go to a real doctor to get her prescription. Therefore she had to buy fake ones. 

She tried to calm her nerves down. The pharmacist didn't seem suspicious at all. Still, she couldn't help but try to listen if he was calling someone - the cops. But it was quiet. The pharmacist came back with her meds. 

"Have a nice day," he said looking bored. Evelyn nodded and smiled.

Her hands were shaking. Oh, how she hated this part of her life. The part which made her feel so weak, alone and scared. She sometimes wondered what would happen if she just didn't take the pills.But the memories from her childhood kept her taking them. She remembered too well what she was capable to do. She knew she was dangerous.