22. Wolf form

The She Wolf Pack owned the basement of the building. You could only get there though a small secret elevator shaft from Fay's office. There was no other way in or out. One of the women, Fanny, helped Evelyn to lower herself down to the shaft. She took a deep breath as she started to climb down using the steel ladders bolted on the wall. Fay and couple few other women were already down. There was no light in the shaft just a dim glow from the basement. It took a lot longer for her to climb down then it had taken from Fay and the others. And Fanny and the rest of the women had slow down behind her. After several minutes Evelyn finally let go of the ladder and felt her feet hit the cement floor. 

"Evelyn, it's time for you to truly understand who you are," Fay said. As she talked she walked to one of the women. The woman had a beautiful dark skin and her body was like a nobel statue. There was something deep in her dark brown eyes. Some deep feeling, Evelyn couldn't understand.

"Qiana, could you please show Evelyn?" Fay asked. Qiana nodded and with smooth airy steps she stepped away from them. First she took off her leather jacket and gave it to Fanny. And then her shoes. Evelyn realised she was undressing herself. Nervously she stroked her hair and tried not to look uncomfortable. When Qiana was on her underwear, Evelyn couldn't help but to marvel her beauty. Nudity didn't seem to bother Qiana, nor were the other women uncomfortable seeing her. Fanny folded Qiana's clothes and hold them in her arms. 

"Don't freak out," Fanny chuckled to Evelyn. 

Then Qiana took a step forward and Evelyn forgot to breath. Qianna's body started to transform. It didn't take more than couple seconds before Qiana's human body had disappeared and a wolf was standing in front of them. 

"I- I- um... I think I'm going to be sick," Evelyn whispered. 

*********************************************

Evelyn sat on the floor. Fay gave her a water bottle and gently patted her shoulder.

"Are you ok?" she asked. 

"Yeah," Evelyn said. Her voice was weak. Qiana had shifted back into her human form and was putting on her clothes. She looked distant, unlike the other women who where hovering around Evelyn.

"I'm going to take this away," Fanny said and took a trash can from Evelyn's hands. "Or do you still need it?"

"No. I think I'm fine now." 

Fanny nodded and disappeared into the elevator shaft. 

"Q?" Fay said quietly. 

"Don't worry, Fay. I'll be fine," Qiana said. 

The deep look on her eyes had changed. Now they were restless. She wrapped her arms around her torso and exhaled trough her mouth. 

"Is she in pain?" Evelyn asked.

Fay shook her head. She sat next to Evelyn.

"It doesn't hurt. At least not your body. It is quite overwhelming."

"Oh," Evelyn said. "What does that mean?"

"Your wolf senses are much stronger than your human senses. Every smell, sound, thought... everything is much stronger."

"Was she still- um.. Qiana, when she was a wolf?" Evelyn asked. She was starting to feel better and what she had just witnessed, started to feel strangely exciting. 

"Yes, she was herself all the time. It was Qiana in her wolf shape."

"So she wasn't possessed? Like.. by a demon?"

The women bursted into laughter. 

"No, she was no possessed. It was Qiana, with extremely strong senses," Fay said.

""And extremely strong urges," a woman called Norah, giggled.

"Do you do that often?" Evelyn asked.

"What, change into our wolf form? No. We don't do that often. Most of us can't," Fay said.

"Why? Are you part human too?" Evelyn asked.

"No, we're all full werewolves. But when we are in our wolf forms, we are not controlled by our intelligence, by our minds, but by our animalistic instincts. Qiana is the only one whose mate is de- not alive anymore. So when she transforms, her wolf instincts don't have a need to go to her mate. The rest of us still have mates... So we can't change."

"You still have a mate? I thought he was dead, when you said... Never mind."

"You thought my mate was dead when we talked about me not having a mark, right? When I told that my mate was kind and loving. He was, but I haven't seen him since I left. I don't think he'd be the same if he saw me now."

"Why did you leave?"

"Because before anything else, I am a protector. I have Irish wolf blood in my veins. It's much stronger than anything else. I am on this earth to protect. Had I stayed with him, I couldn't have fulfilled my purpose," Fay said. 

Qiana had calmed down and walked to them. Now they all were sitting in a small circle, because  Fanny had come down too.  Qiana took Fay's hand and squeezed it gently. 

"You're ok?" Fay asked.

"Swell," Qiana smiled. 

"Good."

Evelyn glanced at each women. For the first time in her life, she felt like she had a family. She had people who belonged to her. And she belonged to them.

**********************

"Kevin? You have it?" 

"Yes, Shawn. I have what you want."

"Well?"

"Well, what?"

"What do you think? Tell me."

"I know you need this information. But what do I get out of this, huh?"

"I won't come after you. Kevin, you don't want to fuck with me. I am more than willing to kill you. Besides you owe me more than this."

The other end of the line was silent for a moment. Then Shawn heard a long sigh.

"Fine. New York. The silver goes to New York."

"Good boy, Kevin."