14. Chased by a wolf

Hi ladies! (or at least I think you all are ladies :D )

I'm really happy for your votes! That has given me motivation to write. So, during the holidays I'm going to update more. In other words, I'm back :) I'm also going to update my other stories, so be sure to check them out.

And once again: Everything in bold, is Shawn talking into Evelyn's mind. Or vice versa.

Hope you'll love this chapter. I'm super excited about it :)

TillieMillie

**************************************

Evelyn stared into his eyes. She wasn't going to yield to this asshole. She knew he was stronger than her physically. But in that moment she decided her mind was stronger than his. She was tough.  So instead of trying to fight him by punching and kicking him, she came up with a new plan. 

"Well matey, how does this thing work?"

For a second Evelyn could see confusion in Shawn's eyes. But after that very brief moment, he was being back to his cocky confident annoying self. He was still on top of her, but now that Evelyn wasn't trying to push him off, he didn't have to use force to keep her still. He let go of her other hand and brushed away hair from her face. 

"Do you mean what's going to happen next?"

"Yep. Or are we just going to stay here? On the ground. You on top of me and making sure my legs are not getting enough blood. Dude! My legs are numb!"

Shawn chuckled and slowly moved. Now they were laying side by side. 

"Thanks," Evelyn said. 

Shawn grabbed her hand and slipped his fingers through Evelyn's fingers.  Evelyn took a rapid breath. That touch! 

"This is really weird," she said.

"It's not weird. It's the most natural thing in the world." His voice was soft and gentle. It surprised Evelyn.

"Not to me. It's still bit surreal."

"You'll get used to it."

No. I won't, Evelyn thought. She hid her smile, when her mind took her even further: I don't even have to. She was going to get as far away from him as possible. Something in her told her it wasn't going to be easy. But she was tough and smart. And being so tough and smart, Evelyn gave herself a permission to enjoy the weird sensation caused by Shawn's touch. Just for a little while. Soon she'd never see him again. 

"Only one fourth of you is a wolf and still my touch and presence makes you feel this way," Shawn said. He pulled her hand to his lips and kissed it. "Imagine how much I feel. Four times more. Four times stronger."

Then the unthinkable happened. She couldn't stop herself. She leaned over to him and gently, very gently, kissed his lips. He wasn't surprised, which annoyed Evelyn slightly. Shawn pulled her closer and Evelyn felt him all around her. Evelyn pulled away, but she was quickly pulled back. A gentle kiss turned so passionate that it took her breath away. She got lost in him. The world stopped existing. All she had was the moment. And the fireworks inside her body.

****************************************

They walked back to her camp. Evelyn was slowly recovering from the fireworks. Now she was making sure not to touch Shawn. She had pissed him off, when she refused to accept his help when she needed to climb over a big rock to get back to the trail. She had also ignored his annoyed growl when she had landed with a big thud.