31. Evelyn's conditions

Hey lovelies!
I'm excited about this chapter. Actually, I've been waiting for this a looooong time. Finally we are here! Yay!
I hope you'll like it and above all I hope I can do justice to Evelyn. She is amazing.

Kisses,
M

********************
How do you come up with something that doesn't exist?

It became clearer and clearer that there was no way out of this mess. No matter what they thought of,it always came down to this: not an option. Even Fay started to show desperation. She silently scolded herself for not making better emergency plans and better alliances. Evelyn, now surrounded by her pack, knew she was the sole reason for the danger. But unlike Fay, Fanny, Norah, Rebecca and Molly, she had a plan. It started to form in her mind when Fay told about her encounter with Shawn. The more she thought about, the better it felt.

She knew the only way out of this was a sacrifice. For the first time on her life, she would have someone and something, she'd be happy to sacrifice herself for. These women were her family, though she hadn't even known them long.

As Norah's mate started his cruel mind game once again, it was time for Evelyn to act. Norah screamed in agony. She cried that her mate was writing his name on her skin with a burning hot steel. It was all in her head but Evelyn had never seen anyone in such agony. All the other women had their full attention on Norah.

Quietly Evelyn moved closer to Fay's jacket which laid on the ground. She made sure no one noticed what she was doing. She slid her hand into one of the pockets and took Fay's phone. She muted it.Then she tucked it under the waist of her jeans. Slowly and quitly Evelyn moved away from the jacket, remaining in the sitting position. She glanced at the other women but they hadn't noticed anything. Good.

They would never let her do what she was planning. It was all for them, though.

****************************

All their eyes shot up towards their phones: all phones started to vibrate at the same time. They couldn't do anything but watch as the male wolf reached for their phones and read the messages.

First his expression was gave nothing away. But then his eyebrows rose and his lips slightly parted. Low realised he looked surprised and yet content.

"Lucy, this just might be your and your friends' lucky day," the male wolf said and that startled Low. He had not talked much after he brought Bronx and Harlem to the hotel room. And when he had said something, it was a dominating order. Now he seemed... happy.

The male wolf took the key card and left.

****************************

Shawn nearly ran the stairs down to the lobby. His wolf side yearned freedom, but naturally he couldn't transform in the middle of New York City.

Evelyn had sent him a message. He opened Low's phone and read the message over and over again:

I need to talk to you. E

Shawn found a quiet place to sit in the lobby.

Ok. S

He didn't have to wait for long for the phone to vibrate.

You have 2 options. E

What do you mean? S

Do what you told F. Distroy her pack, kill LBH and take me. You might get me. But know this, I will ALWAYS hate you. Do my very best to get away from you every single moment. You wont get a mate. You'll get an enemy. Now. Always. E

And the other option? S

You leave the pack alone. And...

It took a long time for Evelyn to write the rest of the message. Shawn tapped his finger against the armrest.

And what? S

Kill Matthew Weston. E

What do I get? S

Again it took a long time for Evelyn to reply. But when he read her short reply, Shawn smiled. He had won.

A mate. E

************************

I hope you liked this :)

I decided to make a character list so you can make sure you know who is who:

Characters:
Evelyn Hales: the main character of this book. A woman who found out that she has werewolf blood in her veins. She had a hard childhood because of her violent tantrums and moving from one foster home to another. She still doesn't really know who she is deep down, because the real her has been hidden for so long.

Shawn Cage: A famous tracker. A lone wolf who doesn't run by the rules. He was hired to find Evelyn by her grandfather. He found her and also found out that she was his mate. He will do anything to have his mate with him.

Max and Dex: The alpha couple from Northfalls. They helped Evelyn to escape to New York.

Fay: The leader of the She Wolf Pack. She ran away from her mate ten years ago. She has Irish wolf blood in her veins which makes her a protector. It's her destiny.

Qiana: A member of the She Wolf Pack. She is Fay's closest friend and a "beta". She's a doctor in Mount Sinai hospital. Her mate is dead.

Fanny: A member of the She Wolf Pack.

Rebecca and Molly: Members of the She Wolf Pack. They work at the pack's surveilence room.

Norah: A member of the She Wolf Pack. Her mate, Matthew Weston, is able to torment her mind and body.

The Ravens: We don't know much about them yet. They are a group that helps the She Wolf Pack. They posses supernatural strengths and are able to manipulate minds and block others' supernatural gifts. They dress in black and are described intense.

Low: (Lucy) A human who works for the She Wolf Pack. Her job is to find runaways and bring them to Fay. She also patrols in Lower Manhattan making sure the pack knows if there are werewolves in the area.

Seth Cage: Shawn's big brother. An alpha.