26. The human client

About an hour ago, the guy who sold tempered colloidal silver, had texted Shawn that he was about to meet the human client, Shawn was interested in. Shawn had watched them from a safe distance. The client was Asian American. She had a petite body and it was quite amusing that such a tiny being had anything to do with werewolves. After she had received the silver, the human client gave the guy an envelope, which had probably contained cash. Then she walked to the nearest subway station and entered the train. Naturally Shawn had followed her. 

Shawn was experienced in tailing, so he could make sure the woman had no idea he was there because of her. When the train stopped at the Fulton Street station, it looked like she was about to get up from her seat and exit the train. She hugged the duffel bag filled with the silver liquid tightly against her body. She bit her lower lip and looked as she was deciding what to do. She had took a last look at the doors and relaxed. The doors closed and she had remained seated. She changed trains several times before she finally decided to exit the subway system. She started to walk down the Lexington Avenue. Then she turned right, crossed the Park Avenue and kept going until she reached the 5th Avenue. 

Shawn stopped, because the woman had stopped. She was standing in front of Mount Sinai hospital building. And that's when it happened; Shawn caught a subtle scent of a werewolf as she opened the front door. A female werewolf.  As the woman walked into the building, Shawn decided to stay outside. He didn't want to risk the female wolf noticing his scent. He'd wait outside. 

************************

15 minutes later the woman stepped out through the same doors. She was not carrying the bag anymore. Shawn let her walk away from the hospital couple minutes and the he made his move. Earlier he had not get close to her, but now he walk a bit faster to reach her. The woman might have sensed him, because she started to look uneasy. She was just about to turn around, but Shawn put his hand around her arm, just below her elbow and pulled her next to him. She was about to scream, but Shawn stopped her.

"Shut up, if you don't want to die in 3 seconds." His voice calm, like he'd been talking about the weather.  "Good girl. Now we're going to take a nice little walk together. Just the two of us."

The woman's breathing was rapid and she was franticly searching a way to escape Shawn's firm grip. She winced, because as she tried to shake her hand free, Shawn tightened his grip. There was going to be a bruise tomorrow. 

"I'm not a patient man. Stop making a scene," Shawn spoke with a low voice. It intimidated her more than the painful grip or the death thread. 

"When those people pass us by, you will smile. Are we clear?"

The woman nodded. 

Shawn loosened his grip and let his hand slide down, so they were hand in hand.  A group of men in ties walked by them. The men paid no attention to them. He waited for the men not to be in the hearing distance.

"Tell me your name."

"No," the woman said weakly. She was trying to act tough but was failing miserably. 

"No?" Shawn chuckled. "Let's try again. Tell me your name."

"Why does it matter?" the woman asked. There was a panic in her eyes, but Shawn enjoyed her brave attempt to buy time.

"You're a brave little one, aren't you. I think we need some privacy. Let's walk to Central Park." 

Shawn pulled the woman with him towards the park entrance.

"I'll make a deal with you. If you choose to do what I tell you to do and tell me what I ask you, I won't harm anyone. But if you decide not to, I'll kill the woman you met at the hospital. And then I'll deal with you."

"I don't know what your talking about," she said.

Shawn laughed.

"I'm not afraid to die," she whispered.

"Sweetheart, who said I was going to kill you. That's too easy. Everything ends too fast. I have something better on my mind."

Shawn could hear her heartbeat and smell the adrenaline from her blood. 

"Do we have a deal?" Shawn asked. 

The woman nodded.

"Good. Let's start with that name."

"Lucy."

"Ok Lucy, do you know who I am?"

Lucy shook her head. She kept her eyes on the ground.

"I think you're not telling the truth. Your body reacts as you're lying. I'll ask again, do you know who I am?"

"Someone powerful," Lucy answered. 

"Ok. Who did you take the silver to?"

The woman looked surprised. Her eyes widened and her lips parted slightly. She hide her surprise quickly. 

"I'm paid to deliver colloidal silver to Mount Sinai. I do that every week."

"What an interesting way for a famous hospital to buy drugs," Shawn said with sarcasm in his voice. 

"I'm telling the truth. It's part of my job."

"Are you telling me you smuggle tempered colloidal silver to a hospital?"

"Yes... Not for the hospital. I am paid to deliver the medicine there for someone. I don't know who this person is. I'm just told to take a bag to a certain spot in the hospital and then leave."

"Lucy, don't make this hard."