30. 7PM to 8PM

And she kept screaming. She didn't stop until her voice was hoarse. She had lost her voice. Fanny glinged to her desperately trying to make her feel she wasn't alone. But Evelyn knew she was. She was alone in her battle against the devil. Evelyn couldn't sit anymore. Staying still made her anger intolerable. She started to walk around the basement.
"That animal should be killed," she said to herself.

What she had learned about mates from the girls, made it hard to understand how could Norah's mate do this to her. Or how could any of these girls' mates cause them to runaway. She couldn'tunderstand how any woman would value herself so little to give away her freedom. It was not love. Of course not! It was a psychological and sometimes physical abuse - not love. She hated that she was so weak. If she had the same powers and physical strengths as male wolves, she would kill the animal torturing Norah, and then she would make sure no female wolf would be abused.

************************
Fay walked to the window with a heavy heart. Qiana had just called to tell her that she had not yet found Low. Neither did the ravens have any knowledge of her whereabouts. Time was running out. It was already 7.30. Qiana's last words echoed in her mind:

"You know there's an option. I hate it. You hate it. But there is an option."

What Qiana had meant, was not an option. It was a betrayal and if they'd do it, none of them would deserve to live in peace. You don't choose the right thing only when it is easy. That's the most important thing her parents had taught her.

She needed to make Shawn Cage leave. Without Evelyn. So she did the second hardest thing in her entire life. She picked up her phone and dialed the number she never thought she'd dial again. It took awhile before she heard someone answering.

"Hello," she heard the familiar voice.
Before Fay was able say anything, she took a deep breath.
"Hello Elise, it's me. Fay."
The woman went silent.
"I wouldn't call you if it wasn't important," she said feeling unsure. The woman hated her. It was probably a big mistake to call her.
"Fay," the woman spoke. Fay could hear a deep frown in her voice. Yep, she hated her.
"What do you want?" the woman asked.
"Shawn is here."
"My son is there? Did he decide to become a rebelious werewolf feminist?" the woman asked. Her voice told Fay she wasn't really joking. She never joked.
"His mate is here."
Again, silence.
"Are you telling me that my son has found his mate and she is there with you?"
Fay knew it was not a question but a warning.
"Yes."
"And?"
"Can you make him come home?" Fay asked.
The woman laughed.
"My dear, I never taught you were this... stupid. After everything you've done, I know to expect very little from you. But this... this is pure insanity, even from you. If you think I'm going to somehow intervene, you have sank lower than I could've ever imagined. I am a mother. I will sacrife everything for my children's happiness. Especially when they have lost so much. You will not hurt my children... again. Goodbye, Fay. Don't call me in another 8 years."

************************

The ravens sent a message that the male wolf was in Brooklyn. It was safe to open the basement door and Fay could go down there. The girls deserved to know what was going on. Her pack's foundation was honesty.

As she climbed down, she noticed Norah was once again in a very bad shape. Fanny was holding her against her and Rebecca and Molly sat next to them. Evelyn stood against the wall. She was staring at the opposite wall, her hands in tight fists and her breathing was rapid. It looked liked she was figting anger.

Fay walked to Norah and sat down on the floor.
"Evelyn, can you come sit with us. I have to tell you what's going on," she said.

Evelyn jumped a little when she heart her name. She had been deep in her thoughts. Quickly she went to the girls and sat down next to Fay.

"Ok. I met Shawn Cage. He gave us an ultimatum. He has Low."

The girls gasped.

"What?" Fanny cried out.

"Is she ok?" Rebecca asked.

"She is for now. But we have... one hour to come up with a plan to save her."