.

Chapter 69:
I had sat next to Peeta for some time before the doctor told me it was time to go... I kissed Peeta's forehead softly and even though he was falling asleep, he smiled. On my way home I felt as if my heart was about to burst. Peeta is awake and doing better. The love of my life is still with me. As soon as I got home, Gale was waiting by the doorstep. All of a sudden tears stung my eyes and I ran to him. "Kat-" he was cut off when I threw myself at him and wrapped my arms around him. "Hey Catnip," he stroked the back of my head. "Is everything alright?" I pulled back to look at his concerned gray eyes. "Yes. Everything is perfect, Peeta woke up!" I tell him. Gale smiled at me and hugged me again. "That's great!" I couldn't help but feel extremely happy. When Gale finally broke off from the embrace I asked him if he wanted to go inside. "Uh yeah, I've been waiting outside for so long," I opened the door and we both stepped inside. "So, when do you think he'll come home?" Gale asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know but it better be soon," I grinned. The rest of the night me and Gale just talked, and it was an hour after that I recieved a phone call. "Hello?" "Katniss? It's Prim," "Hey little duck," Gale looked at me and mouthed "Prim?" I nodded. "Did something happen?" I asked. "Yes... No... Is Peeta okay?" "He woke up," "Really?! That's great news!" She shrieked. I felt my hear leap in my chest. "Yeah he's getting better," Gale smiled at the statement. I hung up and then Gale's smile grew wider. "What?" I laughed. "I actually came over here to tell you I met someone," I stared at him for a few seconds and then it hit me. "Gale that's great! What's her name?" "Elise," he said and I couldn't be anymore happy. My husband is awake and my best friend found a girl.