#

Chapter 50:

Peeta came into the small wooden room filled with peacekeepers faster than ever. He stumbles over to my side and puts his arms around me. "Oh god Katniss," he gasps, his fingers grabbing hold of the thin material of my shirt. "I was worried sick!" I put my arms around his neck and sighed. "I'm here aren't I?" I ask, but he didn't seem to notice. It wasn't until a little bit that I realized he was shaking. "Peeta?" he lifts his head and looks at me with worried blue eyes. "They wouldn't let me come in here until they were done asking you questions. I went mad," he smiled at the last words he spoke. "I bet," I say. His back was tense under my hands so I softly pressed my lips against his to relieve him. To show him I was fine. He pulled back and smiled at me. "It was only three hours you were gone, but those three hours were hell to me..." he says. I nodded. "You guys can go ahead," a peacekeeper said. "We'll focus on finding the ones responsible now," Peeta nods at them and then took my hand in his and led me out of the room. "We're going to the beach," he says. "Don't you need some relaxing time? You seem tense." I say. He laughs. "No I need Katniss time," and he kissed the top of my head.