With out you

Chapter 64:

I stayed at the hospital until visiting hours ended. After that I had to be dragged out of Peeta's room by Haymitch, and he drove me home. Once I closed the front door I sat down on the floor and sighed in the darkness. Although there were three peace keepers outside my home to keep me safe, I still felt alone. There was a huge hole in my chest that only Peeta could fill, but he's not here. I closed my eyes slowly and thought for a while. Maybe I should call Prim so she could keep me company... But she was probably recovering and in Rory's arms. Gale was away in district 7 for a job and I don't expect him to come back for a few days. I then thought of Haymitch, but he was obviously drunk as always, and Effie was in the capitol. Annie? No she was probably sleeping with little Finn already. Peeta? He's not here. I sighed again and then forced myself to stand up. I had to get through the night before seeing Peeta first thing in the morning... But tomorrow seemed like years away. I made my way to the kitchen and turned on the lights, which was too bright for my eyes. I blinked repeatedly and stared at the fridge. Peeta would probably be baking something for the bakery right now. I shook my head vigorously and softly patted my cheeks to snap out of my day dream. He'll be okay, I told myself, but a small voice in my head made me feel skeptical. "He'll be okay," I said out loud and then turned the light off. I repeated those words to myself as I lay down on Peeta's side of the bed. The cold touch of the bed sheets made me cringe and I held on tight to the pillow. My thoughts were all mixed up by the time I fell asleep.