Their future

Chapter 14:

I knew I was in the hospital again. I was in the same room I was in last time. Outside my room I saw Peeta and the doctor yelling at each other. "You have to let me see her! She has to be ok!" Peeta yells. "I'm sorry." The doctor said grimly. "You won't see her for a few days, the knife wound is pretty deep so even if we closed the wound we still need to supervise her, so nothing like an infection or something worse happens. I could see Peeta walk away. I reached my arm out as if I could reach the door and went "Peeeeeetaaaaa." I could barely speak. Probably because I just came out of surgery. I watched the doctor come in. "We might have to put you on funny gas, don't worry this one doesn't have a needle involved." The doctor began then told a nurse something. The nurse came back with Peeta. "Katniss." He says and walks to me. "I just need you to distract her while we close up the rest of the wound." The doctor turns me on my side. Peeta holds my hand. I turn my head to Peeta and smile "I'm so glad you're here." I slurred smiling dopily up at him. "I know everything's fine if you're here." I saw his cheeks flush. I felt a couple of needle pricks. "Hey what are you doing?" I slur really loud. I look up. "Oh look the lights are pretty." I said dreamily. I laugh at the pretty dancing lights. "Peeta?" "Yeah I'm here." "I'm so glad you're here." "Yeah I got that." "I don't know what I would do if you were not here." "Peeta don't go anywhere!" I say. "I won't." "Ok good. I need you her don't go." "I won't." "Peeta, Peeta, Peeta," I murmured, overwhelm with emotion. "I love you. I love you sooooo much!" Peeta cleared his throat and looked at the floor. "Ok we are done Katniss, you did well." The doctor smiles. "Katniss, Katniss, Katniss. Katniss hungry! You hungry Peeta?" I reached out my arm at him to pet his head. He laughs. "How long until the effect of the anesthetic goes away?" "A few minuets." The doctor sighs. I laugh.