Peeta

Chapter 68:

My eyes suddenly go wide and my heart starts racing. I look down and surely it wasn't my imagination; Peeta's hand was tightly clasped around mine. I look up at his face, but his eyes are still closed and his expression was neutral. I turned around to face the doctor. "He grabbed my hand!" I breathed. The doctor nodded and smiled, "That's great news," "But he hasn't woken up..." I looked back at Peeta and now there was a smile on his face. "Look he's waking up!" The doctor ran outside and came back with a couple of nurses. Just then, two blue eyes opened and were staring at me with loving affection. I gasped and gripped his hand tighter. "Peeta," I said and threw my arms around him. "Oh gosh its been months. I thought you wouldn't wake up," "Kat," I heard him wheeze. "You're crushing me," I pulled back and smiled. "I cannot believe it," A nurse said in disbelief. I felt the doctor's hand on my back. "It's great that you're awake," she told him. "But I'm afraid you're still on no shape to go home... Katniss you know this," I turned to her. "But he'll be okay," I said. The doctor sighed, "He's in a fragile state..." "Katniss?" Peeta was staring right at me. "I promise I will be home again soon. I'll get better," "I know," I said and he closed his eyes again.