:3

Chapter 26:

My mom couldn't even handle looking at Prim or she would break down crying. When it was time to go to bed I told Peeta I wanted to be alone with Prim for a while. He said it was fine. I went with Prim to my old room since me and Peeta share one room now. "You will be sleeping here." I smile. Prim looks at me. "Can we talk?" She asks. "Sure." I say. "How have you been doing?" She sits down on the bed. I sit next to her. "Good. You?" "I'm ok." "So me and Peeta got married." I say. "Gale also moved back to district twelve." Before I could keep speaking Prim said "Is Rory in district twelve?" This takes me back. "He might be." I say. Prim smiles. "So Peeta has gotten even more handsome then he was before." She says. I laugh. "Yeah I guess so." I say. "You're really pretty." She says. I smile. "You are too little duck." Prim clears her throat and her expression becomes serious. "How's Peeta doing?" She asks. I frown. "What do you mean? He is ok." She looks at me. "You know what I mean." I stay quite. I could remember when President snow did all that horrible stuff to Peeta's brain. He only had some episodes but that was pretty rare. I lean in close to Prim's ear. "Only sometimes he - you know." Prim nods. I stand up. "Well it's getting late." I say. "Night." She says. "Good night." I close the door and walk to my room. Peeta was watching something on tv. "What are watching?" I ask going in bed. "Something that happened a long time ago. I lean in closer to him and turn around to the tv just in time. Caesar Flickerman was looking at a younger version of Peeta. "Is there a special girl back home?" "No not really." Caesar looks at the crowd and smiles. "Come on handsome lad like you, I mean look at that face! Peeta, tell me." "Well there is this one girl. But I don't she noticed me until the reaping." "Well tell you what. You go out there, and you win this thing. Then she'll have to go out with you! Am I right?!" The crowd cheers. "No I don't think it will work in my case." Peeta says. "And why not?" Peeta's cheeks flush. "Because... Because she came here with me."

I take the remote from Peeta and pause it. He looks at me. "I just... Sorry I hurt you after the interviews." Peeta laughs. "Don't worry about it. That was then." I smile and kiss his cheek.