This ends now

Chapter 62:

That night I could barely sleep. The only thing in my mind was Peeta. He was getting tortured in the capitol, and I couldn't do anything until tomorrow. The president gave out a secret message to us to tell us they had it under control, but we still needed to be a part of it...

- hours later -

"Let's go now!" My thoughts of yesterday skidded to a stop when I heard Prim's scream. We had already gotten into where they were holding Peeta and Prim has just opened the lock. "Come on Katniss, the guards won't be distracted much longer," she whispered and we both stepped inside. I felt something splash under our white boots and I looked down to see puddles of blood at our feet. I gasped silently and took a step back. This could be Peeta's blood. Rage empowered me and I ran forward to the next door of the room and burst it open. I took an arrow out of my quiver and put it in place, ready to shoot anything... But then I lowered it. "Peeta," I breathed. He lay on the ground, blood surrounding his body, and his white shirt was ripped in half, revealing a huge gash across his stomach. "Peeta!" I ran to him and kneeled down. "Katniss!" I heard Prim call after me. "Hurry!" I wiped Peeta's hair out of his eyes and softly shook him. "Wake up," I pleaded. "Katniss they're coming!" My head shot up and I took another arrow. "Help him! I got your back!" I ran to the front entrance and saw Haymitch run to my side. "We got them," he said, trying to catch his breath. I just stared at him in awe. "That can't be," I looked down. "The capitol got a hold of them, they thanked us for our help-" "We barely fought," I interrupted. Haymitch nodded. "I think it's better this way," He looked over my shoulder and his eyes widened. "Peeta?" I turned to see Prim holding a hand over her mouth and she kept shaking her head. My breathing faltered and I staggered back. "Get the medics now," I instructed and Prim fled.