Peace Offering

(Bennett)

"Mommy! Daddy!" Mandy screeched, her voice travelling from the living room throughout the entire house, surely meeting the ears of her parents, and even my twin.

I had just returned from school, and not surprisingly, she was home before I was. My brother skipped out on school today because he'd been injured in training, and as such, his dutiful, loving mate skipped school as well.

A well-known fear of mine, Jaxon knew I couldn't handle the thought that Bentley may be vulnerable in my absence. And injured, he'd be at the mercy of our demonic parents.

Because of the tumultuous relationship between Chester and me that seemed to worsen since I turned sixteen almost three months ago, I didn't particularly spend time with the guy knowing he couldn't stand me. And it shredded my heart to see how he felt reflected in his eyes. He didn't try to hide it.

Worse, his lust for others. Openly displayed and paraded right in front of me. And a most heartbreaking realization was that he went above and beyond to ensure I knew I was undesirable to him.

He'd been spending with my sister, an indecorous amount of time and attention. Unfortunately for me, it answered how she got home so quickly when she didn't personally own a car. I'd walked through the front door of my 'home' to be confronted by her tirade.

Cheryl came running into the living room in a flurry toward her distraught daughter, her entrance swiftly followed by my father. Hobbling down the steps came my twin; a look of panic and worry crossed his delicate looking features. Hovering close to him, was his faithful mate hawking the sub to ensure he didn't cause himself more pain.

"Sweetie? What's wrong?" Cheryl cooed, pushing away a lock of curly blonde hair from her daughter's face. My lip curled in disgust as my 'sister' gestured toward me, her features twisted into an ugly sneer.

"Bennett is trying to steal my boyfriend!"

Excuse me? I have never, in my life, heard more crap spewed in one statement. Jaxon and Bentley had now made it down the steps and were standing at my side, as though reinforcing some type of barrier. Bentley was staring at the pathetic display in bafflement, while Jaxon appeared positively vexed.

"Who exactly is your boyfriend you claim I'm trying to steal?" I asked, truly concerned and confused. As my data base would have it, she didn't have a boyfriend. And even if she did, I wouldn't try to steal him since she's a human magnet for the male version of herself.

I wouldn't be caught dead with a guy like that.

"You bastard!" she screeched, long, crocodile tears dripping down her cheeks now.

Okay...what is happening?

"You're trying to steal Chester from me! You just can't see me happy! Neither of you. First you," she angrily gestured toward my twin, who appeared shocked that she would address him, "you steal Jaxon when you know how I feel about him! And now this one tries to steal Chester!"

Delusional much?

Turns out, those two words weren't just echoed in my mind. Jaxon had voiced them, his tone dripping with sarcasm. It caught the attention of Cheryl and Vince making them scowl, and Mandy's...whatever that was, came to an abrupt halt.

"Excuse me?" Cheryl croaked in disbelief, stepping forward to pull her daughter to safety as though one of us would hit her.

Good decision, woman.

"You heard me, heifer." Jaxon retorted in boredom. Bentley quietly gasped from beside me while I was too busy trying to stop the incoming grin. "Your daughter's delusional. Everybody knows I've always had a thing for Bentley. It was only natural we became mates. And as for Chester," he paused, turning his fiery sapphire gaze onto my sister, "did that asshole tell you he was your brother's mate? If you're going to assume things as you did with Bentley like the spoiled bitch you are, I really hope you get a big ass dose of karma."