Game Plan (Part 2)

Name of the song is 'Burn It Down' by Linkin Park. When you see the title of the song mentioned in the chapter, play it.

___________________________

(Bennett)

"You're seriously making me wear this?"

Holding up the football jersey, I shot my mate a frown. He sat on his bed, giddily grinning up at me as I inspected the shirt, the silky fabric slipping over my fingers.

The jersey was black and a large '9' was printed on the front and back in the color of white. His title, 'Hayes', had also been printed onto the back just above his number.

There were three hours left until kickoff and we had to get to the school within the hour to regroup with the others and begin taking up our positions. Personally, I didn't want to wear the shirt. Under different circumstances, I wouldn't mind. But if we were going to apprehend some of Tobias' faction tonight, putting on this shirt made me feel like there was an even larger bullseye on my chest.

It would make me that much easier to pick apart from the crowd. With one '9' playing in the game, it would be obvious that the other one was the mate and target.

Then again, that was probably the entire point.

"Try it on." Carter suggested, already reaching for his phone which effectively earned him a warning glare.

"Don't do it! Don't you have enough?"

My mate scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I can't not take a picture of you, Beehive. You're wearing my number, tonight! And this'll probably be the statement we need to make for everyone else to shut up about us."

"You're still on about that?" I mused, finding it intriguing that he was still so bothered by what everyone else thinks of us. I, however, stood by my word. So long as they don't drag Carter's name down for being with me, I don't care about what they say. It may bother me for a bit but then I'd forget about it.

I pointed to the mark on my shoulder, watching how his entire being lit up at the mention of it. "Isn't this a statement enough?"

"Not everyone will see it, love. So not everyone knows it's there. Wearing my jersey tonight will shut them up because we don't let just any body wear it. Well...I don't anyway."

Expelling a deep breath, I shook my head as a small smile curled my lips. To appease him and ensure that he knows he has my support, I slipped the silky fabric over my head and shoulders, tugging the hem down so that it fell comfortably against my skin.

Carter packed more muscle than I did, typical of his beta bloodline. He was taller too, and then the size of the jersey had to accommodate for the padding he'd wear beneath. So, the shirt was kind of large on me. Not outrageously so, though.

Who knows? Maybe I'll steal it from him. The fabric was cool, light, and soft against my skin and I wouldn't mind wearing it often since it was so comfy.

A light suddenly flashed making me shoot him a quiet glare. He was grinning creepily at his phone and the next second, his gaze suddenly darkened with a carnal desire while his arousal wafted over me.

"Hell no. You have a game in three hours, and I need to be vigilant. Another time."

He instantly deflated, shoulders drooping considerably as he pouted, turning back to his phone. "Fine." he grumbled, pushing his fingers against the screen. He smirked suddenly causing me to frown. "I'll just jerk off to the newest addition." He angled the phone, showing off the 'newest addition' to his folder that contained only photos of me.