Cheesy Romance

(Bennett)

He was angry. Much like the raging rainstorm outside.

I knew that much as I sat in my dark room behind locked doors. It was idiotic to think she wouldn't tell but I just couldn't handle it anymore.

My heart thumped loudly in my chest and with each thump of his heavy footfalls drawing nearer, I flinched backing up further against the headboard. A scream jumped out of me as the bedroom door was kicked in, slamming against the wall.

My mate. He stood before me, slightly drenched from the downpour outside. His muscles were tensed, and anger seethed off him in toxic, poisonous waves. Tears sprang to my eyes, blurring my vision as he locked his gaze on me and I could tell from the murderous glare he shot me, he'd already killed me twice over in his mind.

"Chester...please..." I begged, pushing my back flush to the headboard, shifting closer to the edge as he silently walked over to the right side. His stared me down like predator versus prey.

"I'm sorry-"

"You fucking bitch!" he cursed venomously. Tears fell and I bit down on my tongue to suffocate the pained scream that threatened to burst free as his fingers sank into my hair and he yanked on it.

Hard!

So hard that he dragged me across the bed with one pull. My hands flew to his wrists, trying to pry away his death grip. My knees crumbled as he continued to drag me across the floor of my bedroom, ignoring my desperate pleas to be released and the pained cries that echoed about the space.

"Let go! Please!" A whimper escaped when he yanked me to my feet and slammed me back first against the nearest wall. The impact winded me and I coughed only once to settle, a strangled, panicked whimper slipping out, his fingers firmly lacing around my neck.

He was bigger than me and stronger too. I didn't stand a chance of putting up a proper fight.

Fear shot through me at the hatred that flashed in his gaze, his handsome features twisted into a nasty sneer.

"Please..." I pleaded.

"Now you beg, you worthless pile of horse shit!" he thundered, and I sobbed harder, more tears escaping but not from his anger. But, from the pain of his words and the feeling of his hands tightening on my neck, suffocating me slowly.

"I didn't-"

"You didn't what, bitch?" He reached his other hand up and gripped my chin, painfully sinking his fingers into my skin until I was sure his nails would leave small half moon cuts. Shutting my eyes, my jaw quivered in fear of the coming pain. Chester brought his face closer until his breath hit my face and I scrunched slightly.

There was alcohol on his breath. His parents couldn't have known about this. They'd throw a fit if they knew he was drinking.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stay the fuck away from me? You insulted my girlfriend and didn't think I'd retaliate? How fucking dumb are you?"

"Baby! Where are you?" came my sister's shrill voice. She came sauntering into my room moments later, her clothing almost as drenched as Chester's, her blonde hair damp from the downpour. She was dressed in a tight red dress that barely passed her butt.

It was obvious they'd just come from somewhere. A party, nonetheless, judging by the smell of alcohol and weed that came off of them, and their nice clothes.

They were together. Not that I didn't know it already or hadn't suffered through the pain of their intimacy so many times before. They had been together before storming in here going by the fact that their scents mingled together.