Blue and gold

It is just any other day for me, patrolling the sky's, when I saw it. It is a military Jet, but unmarked. A VTOL exactly like the one I am flying now. So of course, I have to follow it. It is fast, dark blue and the cockpit is gold. I can barely keep up with it. Whoever is piloting it is very good. I am still a rookie, so for me to keep up is a challenge. He flies with elegance. Absolutely breath taking. He is messing with me, doing beautiful tricks in the air and around me, but just like he came he is gone. I have no idea where he went or how he took off so fast. I pout my lip a little, hoping I will catch a glance of him. Unfortunately, I don't get that chance. "Lieutenant Jane, you haven't reported in yet. Everything okay?" I hear dispatch say over the radio. "Jane here, I'm good. Finishing up my rounds now." I radio back. With that I turn my jet around and fly back towards base. I still keep an eye out for that jet.

Base is coming into view, it is time to land. Landing isn't a specialty of mine, I'm still learning. So far since I've been stationed here, I've had four good, really good, landings. I have not crashed, I've never crashed, just had rocky landings. The guys with more experience tell me it will get easier. I believe them, I've wanted to be a pilot ever since I was little. My father and grandfather were both pilots in the Air Force. It was time for me to walk in their footsteps. Especially since I have no brothers and there is no way my sister is going to fly. She doesn't even like heights.

I start to begin my decent to the ground. The runway now in view. I let my body relax, shoulders shrugging slightly, hands holding loosely on the steering wheel. I let down the landing gear. I get closer to the ground and do a vertical landing. Landing smoothly on the pavement underneath. A much better landing than what I usually do. The air pressure in the cabin releases with a hiss and the cockpit opens for me.

I climb out, my helmet under my arm, and jump off the wing to the ground. It is a pretty far jump, but I've been doing it since I can remember, it doesn't bother me anymore.

"Lieutenant, how was your flight?" Airman First Class Drake asks as I walk off the air field.

He came up next to me and starts to walk back with me. He is one of the soldiers I met when I first got here. We became fast friends. I'm pretty sure there was more than meets the eye, but officers and enlisted were forbidden to date.

"Went really well. You'll never guess what I saw while on patrol." My voice goes up an octave as I got more excited to tell my story.

"I have no idea, what could you possible not see up in the air." He chuckles.

"Ha ha. No, I saw unidentified jet. Just like ours. It was blue and gold. Absolutely amazing. The pilot could fly. I mean really fly. It was like he was the jet. I think I'm in love." I give a drawn-out sigh.

Drake just looks at me like I am crazy.

"Only you would fall in love with a plane. But shouldn't we report it?" I gave him a pouty face.

If I tell someone about it, they might find the person and take their piloting license away. Or take him away. Or something. I would never be able to meet him or her.

"Yeah, we probably should, but let me see if I see him again first. I really want to fly with him again." He rolls his eyes at me, making me giggle.

*third pov*

Unfortunately for the Lieutenant, someone was listening on her story. He is an Agent from the pentagon, sent there for a secret assignment. Though everyone at that base was chosen specifically to be there, none of them knew it yet and they wouldn't know about it if they didn't have to. He wore a gray suit and blue tie and was a little on the heavy side. He gave a silent gasp after hearing what the rookie had said and quickly went to his jet to make his way across the plains to a secret base that only he and his superiors knew about. Only he is the only one that goes there.