I Was Wrong...I think

I have never seen that look before. I'm almost afraid of him. I watch from behind the Autobots. Still no one has noticed me, as he reaches to his side. He doesn't hesitate to throw something at the Autobots. I hear the beeping and so do the bots. We all jump to the side. Unfortunately for me, I can't jump far enough away. The bomb is not meant for humans, but for giant robots. A metal hand comes out of nowhere and scoops me up before I can let out a scream.

"Lieutenant Jane! What are you doing here?" A low, deep voice growls at me.

I look up and see a face shield over his face, but his eyes are as vibrant as ever. He has me close to his chest, keeping me out of view. I know exactly why, too, but I don't want to be hidden. I want Dreadwing to know I'm here.

"Why did he throw a grenade at you?" I am certain I already know the answer, but I need to hear it.

"Dreadwing is our enemy. Something we have been telling you. Now you have seen how little he really cares." Optimus snarls.

I've never seen this side of either of them. I don't like it. I understand war can change a person, but to be this angry. Well, I should know better. I know plenty of people who have been changed from just a single battle. I don't need to be reminded.

"No, this isn't the Dreadwing I know. He would never hurt a fly." I cry out. Even though apart of me knows the truth.

"Lieutenant, I'm sorry, but he has hurt more than flies." He dodges another shot being fired from the other side. His hand closes around me, encasing me in darkness.

I can hear explosions, movements, shouting and so much more. It seems to echo around in the small space I am in. I am pushing myself against these metal walls to keep from rolling around. Pain starts to form in my head, from being banged around. I'm going to get a concussion if anything. I need to get to Dreadwing, though I doubt Optimus will make it easy for me.

I can hear everything. I can hear so much that I don't want to hear. Dreadwing is more dangerous than I ever could have imagine. He has so much anger for the Autobots. It's an anger I don't think I could ever understand. He blames them for something. I think back to our chats and what we have talked about. Then I remember something.

*Flash back*

"Your flying reminded me of someone. Someone I lost not long ago. When he first started flying, he was just like you, so much potential. He became one of the best fliers I know. I had to meet you, see you in person."

I stare intently up at him, I see the pain and loss in his crimson eyes.

"Can I ask who he was?"

"He was my brother, my twin. There is a war I'm currently fighting in and he was killed by the enemy."

*End Flash back*

His brother was killed by the enemy. Dreadwing is a Decepticon. The enemy of the Autobots. I can't stop myself from mentally slapping myself. How did I not put two and two together? Dreadwing's brother was killed by the Autobots. I supposed I would feel the same hate he does if I were in his shoes. I can't help but feel sorry for him. He is so blinded by revenge for his brother he can't see how good he really can be. I want to run and hug him, honestly. I need to get out of here first.

I start looking for openings in this massive hand. It's completely dark, he has it shut tight. I can't see anything to the outside. He must know I would try and find a way out. So, I do probably the most stupid thing I could do. I scream.

Optimus stops moving. He seems to freeze but doesn't open his hand. I know he wouldn't want me to try it again, but I do anyway. I scream as loud as my lungs will allow me. The fight has also stopped. Some are talking, but it's to quiet for me to hear.

Then I hear him, "What is she doing here?!?"

"This is none of your concern, Dreadwing." Optimus growled back. I can feel him put his other hand over me.

'I don't need anymore darkness!' I internally scream, "Optimus! I need to see him. I need to talk to him."

Optimus ignores me and I hear him call to Ratchet. I know he is calling him to get a ground bridge to get me out of here. I don't want out of here. I want to see Dreadwing. Why can't I see him? Megatron already knows about me, and I never saw him here. I can hear the vortex thing open back up. I'm running out of time.

"Get ready to catch, Ratchet!" Optimus calls out.

His hands opened up for just enough that I could see to the other side of the plain. I can see him. He's standing there, his hands to his side. He's staring at us. I don't know if he sees me. I call out one more time to him and his eyes are on me. The saddest look I have ever seen, splashes across his face. Though, it's gone within seconds and replaced with the stern angry glare that was on it when I first came through the vortex. I'm in shock when he starts shooting at us. More so than Optimus throwing me through the green and blue swirling nightmare I'm about to be in.

I'm caught by Ratchet and he quickly puts me down, almost dropping me. I don't even care. I've seen enough for today and I'm still attempting to process it. Dreadwing shot at me. He held his weapon up and pointed it in my direction. I'm sitting on the cold cement ground of the missile silo, staring at the non-existent vortex. The swirling demon that brought me to the other side of nowhere. I lean back on my hands and continue to picture what I just witnessed. Something I never thought I would. Dreadwing isn't a bad guy. He isn't a bad guy.

"He's not a bad guy." I whisper to myself. "He's not a bad guy."

"Lieutenant?" Ratchet looked down on me. I think he even sounded concerned.

I slowly got up. I couldn't stare any longer. I can't be here any longer. I need to leave. I can't be here right now. Everything I knew is a lie. I think. I don't know anymore. I don't know where to go. The base is to far for me to walk. I continue to mutter to myself. Not caring that anyone would hear me. I start to pace back and forth. Muttering about Dreadwing. Muttering that I was wrong. Muttering that it was all a lie. Muttering that maybe I'm not wrong and I was just seeing things. So many possibilities. Maybe he was just making it look like he was going to kill me for his troops. I don't know. I may never know.