A New Base

I get to my room, and I quickly strip out of my clothes. They stuck to me from sweating so much. I have never been so frustrated and nervous in my life. I pace back and forth in my bra and underwear. I have a room to myself, so I'm not worried about someone walking in on me. I go over everything that has happened. Being in the hospital, Optimus picking me up, leaving Dreadwing behind. I pause. My bare feet screeching to a halt. My hands come up to my face and the tears fall. I quietly sob while standing in the middle of my room. I continue to cry for who knows how long. Just letting the tears fall from everything that has happened in the past few months.

I eventually laid down and cried myself to sleep. I don't remember falling asleep. I wake up in the morning with tears dried to my cheeks. I have never once cried this much in my life. I quickly clean up my face and get ready for formation. I do not want to go. I also don't want to face my captain again. I know once the day is over, I'll be going to the Autobot base. I wonder if he's going to make me go early. I have things I have to do for the platoon. Maybe I can make my work last longer and just stay here. There have got to be loopholes.

I walk out to the formation and take my spot behind the platoon. I barely pay attention to what's going on. I don't really care right now. Captain, take a stand in front of everyone and explains the additional security that will be put in place. He talks about how we need to be safe and if anything suspicious happens we must report it. Blah blah blah. Everyone is dismissed and I head to my office. I don't have anything to talk to my platoon about. My Ssgt can handle it. Though, I am stopped before I can get back in the building.

"Lieutenant." Captain calls out to me. I stop in my tracks but don't turn around yet.

"You're heading to the Autobots base today. I have nothing for you here at the moment."

"I have paperwork to catch up on." I say blankly, turning around.

"Your paperwork was taken care of by your ssgt." I internally groan.

"Well, I don't see Optimus here, so how am I going to get there?"

"He should be here any minute."

Sure enough, as soon as he says it, the gates open and Optimus rolls in. I do everything in my power to keep a straight face. Optimus stops just inside the gate and his passenger side door opens, ready for me to get in.

"He must be in a hurry." Captain says, "See you later tonight."

I don't say anything, and I head to the truck. I hope in without saying a word. I have nothing to say. I'm more disgruntled than anything.

"Good morning, Lieutenant." Optimus says from his holoform stilling in the driver seat.

"Morning." I say through gritted teeth.

He says nothing more. Turning around, he drives out of the gate, making his way back to their base. The ride is silent and the tension from me is radiating throughout the cab. We are a few minutes out, driving on one of the lonely roads of Jasper, Nevada. Desert is all that is out there. You can spot the tiny town in the distance, but even then, it looks more like a mirage. Optimus takes a turn off road, driving towards the mountain. This time I'm prepared. Though, I still close my eyes as we go through.

I don't open my eyes until he comes to stop. I look around before getting out. I only see one bot hanging out. Well, he's working at a computer, so I guess its not hanging out. Optimus opens the door, a que that I need to get out. So, I hop out and land gracefully on the concrete floor. Just as I would if I was getting out of my jet. Then I hear the sounds of gears shifting, hydraulics hissing, and two loud footsteps fall behind me.

"I see you brought her back. Did she finally realize she needs to be protected?" The orange and white bot stated without even turning around.

"I have ears you know, and I was forced to be here. Believe me I don't want to be here with your attitude." I cross my arms, not caring that he could easily step on me.

He finally turns around and looks at me, "You think your so smart. Yet you couldn't figure out that Dreadwing was the bad guy and now Megatron is after you. Oh, looks like you do need our protections."

I growl and get ready for a comeback, that is until Prime steps in between the both of us.

"That is enough! The both of you!" He uses that authoritative tone of a leader. One I hear frequently.

"Yes, Optimus." We both say at the same time.

"What am I supposed to do while I'm here? I'm unable to do any work for the platoon." I throw my hands in the air and begin to pace.

"I am sure there are things Ratchet could use your help on, as well as watching the kids while we go on missions." Optimus suggests.

"You want me to be a babysitter for some children. Children that shouldn't even be here. Do their parents know they are running around with giant robots?" I sneer.

"Why you little..." Ratchet starts, raising his hand up ready to throw something.

"Ratchet! Lieutenant, I know this isn't ideal for you, but if you work with us, it will make your time here that much easier." Optimus tries to reason with me.

I decide it's better for me not to answer. I notice stairs leading up to a platform. I head that way and take two steps at a time. Up top there is an ugly yellow couch that looks to have seen better days. I'm almost afraid to sit on it. There is an old box tv sitting on the wall opposite the couch. Then a white coffee table to top the somewhat cozy space off. I can hear Ratchet in the background growling. I but have really pissed him off. Not that I care. The first chance I get, I'm going to find Dreadwing.

--------------------------

Hey guys,

I'm sorry for the long pause with no chapters. Here is a short one. I hope this surffices for a bit. I'm hoping to get more this week done.

Thanks,

Shelby77gt