Cahapter 10 big surprise

We gotten home about an 1 hour ago. I was finally in the shower. Me and B had the biggest buck so yay for us. They all started laughed at us because we were covered in mud. I had just finished scrubbing the mud off me. I climbed out of the shower and pulled my clothes on and one of B's shirt. I than headed out to the back yard. B had beat me to the shower so he was already clean. The boys were chopping wood and the girls were watching them. I grabbed a Dr Pepper out of the cooler. I went and sat by the girls.

"So Emma how long have you known B?"

"My whole life."

"So.. did y'all date?"

"Yes I've date him before." My phone started ringing. "Excuse me." I went inside. "Hello."

"Hello Emma."

"Hey Carrie! What's up?"

"I'm freaking out!"

"Carrie come down what's going on?"

"Brad can't host with me at the CMA awards. So I have a big favor to ask you. Will you host with me?"

"Me? Carrie are you sure you didn't hit your head on something, like really hard?"

"Emmaaa... You would be perfect. You know music, you write music, and you know everyone in country music. Please?!"

"Ok fine I'll do it."

"Ooo thank you thank you! I'll send you your script."

"Ok bye. Talk to you later." I hung up. Was I crazy?! I've never been on t.v. Hell I've never been to the awards I just rather watch them at home in my sweats. I heard some body come in. It was B.

"Emma are you alright? You look you saw a ghost."

"Nope I'm not alright. Ooo ya surprise I'm going to be hosting CMT awards."

"Really?" He came over to me and I leaned on him.

"Really."

"Don't worry babe I'll help you out. Now come on that's go or Luke will not have anymore eye brows and you girls will have to draw him on some." We both started laughing because we knew it was true.

*****
We all started laughing as we finished sing. B had brought his guitar out. The girls sang Miranda's part as the boys sang Keith's part. The song being We were us. Everybody was drunk except me and B.

I didn't drink. I didn't like that it didn't make you your self plus I've seen first hand of what that can do. Everybody seemed in their own world. B started strumming his More than Miles song. I sang along softly. B put his guitar in his case and put it behind him. He motioned for me to sit on his leg. I went over a sat on his leg. "I love that song even if it's not about me."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I just thought it was about Amber." He pulled me closer.

"No baby. Every song I write and wrote is about you. More than Miles was about me and you I just had to switch us spots because of my manger."

"Wow." I felt like crying. He never got over me and I never got over him. Every love song, sad song was about him.

"Emma!" A drunk Caroline came over pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Mmm yes?"

"Why didn't you tell us you were going to be hosting the CMA awards." She waved her arms behind her.

"I just found out today plus I didn't think it was that big of a deal."

"Well it is. So congrats!" I laughed as she stumbled her way back to Luke. About an hour later we put the fire out and went to our rooms. I got changed in to pjs. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.