t h i r t y - s i x

this update is long overdue and you have my deepest apologies

--

Louis' eyes scanned for his boyfriend as the field cleared, everyone departing, going their separate ways. No Harry. He had only been distracted for a minute or maybe two, and in that small amount of time Harry seemed to have disappeared with the rest of the crowd. Now, you'd think a blind man couldn't get far in such a short amount of time, but that doesn't apply to Harry. 

By the time Louis and the crew plus one made their way outside the stadium, Harry was long gone - his lack of sight didn't seem to slow him even the slightest bit whatsoever. He just kept running and running until he had no more energy to run anymore. So Harry slowed to a walk, his breathing ragged and his heart thumping in his chest because of more than one reason.

Liam Payne, Liam Payne, Liam - fucking - Payne.

** Wolverhampton, England **

Harry walked to his next class, head hung low and thoughts jumbled. His mind was moving faster than his feet, and his feet slower than a snail. So overall he was being pretty slow that day. Whispers resonated off the walls as he turned the corner to get to his English Class, whispers that he hated more than anything.

"Look there goes the fag."

"I heard he forced Liam Payne to have sex with him."

"Really? Like, he raped him and everything?"

"That's what Andy said."

"Well, shit. And here I thought Harry was gonna be a decent faggot."

More and more words spilled out of their mouthes. More and more lies spit out. Everything was pointless now, this is all Harry was now. He wasn't a normal guy like he used to be, he was just a worthless piece of shit. He's been put on the same level as one of those gross people that take advantage of other people's vulnerability. This is hell; this is the end.

Harry sat down in the back of class just as he has since that day he came back. Class started, as per usual, and as usual, Liam Payne finally joined the class halfway through. He smelled like smoke, something that Harry realized was now normal for the other lad. Liam walked to the back of the class, eyeing up the curly haired boy in a desk. 

"Liam," Harry noted, mumbling the name as Liam stood in front of him. A look of hatred passed by the older boy's features.

"Get out of my seat, kid." Harry stared at his former friend, wondering if this was a joke or not; but of course it's not because this was the sickening reality called Harry's life now. 

"I said get out of my fucking seat, Styles." Liam leaned in, spitting his words out one by one. A few heads turned, the whispers coming around again.

"How can Liam do that?"

"What?"

"Face the kid that raped him?"

And that's when Harry lost it.