e l e v e n

chapter eleven

---

Zayn let go of Niall's arm, finally snapping, "What the hell, Niall?" 

"I'm sorry, how many times do I have to say it, Zayn? I'm sorry I forced myself on you -" Zayn chuckled bitterly, making Niall confused. Zayn, on the other hand, was beyond pissed. "Niall, for fuck's sake - you didn't fucking force yourself on me."

"But you're angry.." Niall mumbled, staring at his feet. 

"Yeah, I'm really fucking angry but not for that reason. God, you can't just kiss me and then ignore me, Niall. Goddamn it, is it not already obvious enough for you?" Zayn was fuming, desperately in need for a cigarette or to punch someone in the face; but he'd never lay a finger on Niall with that kind of intention. 

"Obvious? Yeah, it's obvious you hate me -"

"Fuck, shit, no. I don't hate you, Ni." Zayn suddenly became quieter, stepping closer to the Irish boy. He groaned, withdrawing backwards and running a hand through his hair. Niall was surprised, believe it or not, Zayn only messed his hair up when he was seriously under stress. "That's the problem here, Niall. I can't hate you. I told you how I knew I was gay, but the guy I liked - I never thought that he'd be like me. Into guys, I mean. And he is, now - "

"So you're seeing somebody? Oh my god, Zayn. I am so sorry. It was all me - or are you trying to make him go out with you. God, I'm such a freak. I'm so sorry." Niall rambled and Zayn groaned, now pulling on his hair out of frustration.

"Niall, for fuck's sake. It's you! You were the guy that I - that I liked when I came out. You're the guy I like," the Bradford boy pulled out a cigarette, lighting it quickly and taking a long drag. 

"I - I'm the one? Wait then, what? Why didn't you just tell me you fucking wanker?!" Niall exclaimed, pulling Zayn's cigarette from his mouth and throwing it to the ground. 

"Well, you just kept running away, Niall. I can't just scream it out on the streets, I'll look like a maniac." Zayn mumbled, sighing. 

"But, I would've - I wouldn't have ran away if I had just known. Oh god, that's my fault; I ran away."

"Niall -"

"I'm so stupid. I just acted childish - "

"Ni.."

" and ran away from you before you even got to say anything. Forgive me, tell me what it'll take to make you forgive me."

"Niall," Zayn exclaimed.

"Just tell me, "Niall cried, on the verge of tears. He felt so stupid because of his actions, he was probably more embarrased than Louis at the moment; and that's say a lot.

"Go out with me tonight."