t w e n t y - f o u r

chapter twenty - four

----

Louis and Harry, Harry and Louis - the pair had been inseparable for the past week since they became friends. It was strange to everyone at the university, that Louis was with someone other than Niall Horan. No one dared question the split up between the two best mates - everyone should have seen it coming. Louis Tomlinson was a douchebag. Niall Horan didn't tolerate it and Harry Styles did. End of story.

Harry eventually got the story out of Louis about what had happened that night, when Louis had suddenly started vomitting out all the tea he had drank. 

---

"Hey, Louis. You alright?" Harry asked as the arm leaning on Harry's shoulder disappeared. 

Six feet away, Louis Tomlinson stood hovering over a hedge, bile along with all the food and liquid he had taken in poured not-so-gracefully out of Louis' mouth. If Harry could see, he would have rushed over to comfort the sick boy. 

Louis soon returned to Harry's side, apologizing profusely for smelling like vomit; but Harry could have cared less. His mind was set on one question and one alone.

"What happened, why are you puking?" Harry asked more firmly than he had the last time.

Louis sighed, not wanting to answer, but knowing that he would have to eventually. "I just got a bit beat up after I let my big mouth spit out a few too many smart ass words, that's all. Note to self: don't stand up to big burly men in alleyways."

It was obvious that Louis was trying to make a joke out of it, but it was far from making the Cheshire boy laugh. "You got beat up? How badly?"

"Just enough to knock me unconscious, no big deal." Louis answered calmly, knowing it wasn't a calm matter to speak about.

"Unconscious?! Louis, you do realize they could've done something so much worse than beating you up while you were out. Are you sure you're fine?" Harry asked frantically, hands now gripping Louis' shoulders, his white cane lying on the ground.

"Harry, seriously, you take this friend role so seriously. Calm down. It's just a couple bruises and shit. I'm perfectly fine." Louis brushed off, picking up the stick before handing it back over. His attitude was much more laid back once the term "friendship" was confimed as their relationship; yet it felt as if it didn't exactly satisfy either of them.

"Perfectly fine isn't vomitting. I don't take injuries lightly, Louis. That's something you should know for the future." Harry said, beginning to walk again, but also fighting the urge to interrogate further.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."