s i x t e e n

chapter sixteen

---

Wolverhampton, England.

--

Two days had passed since Harry's disappearance from Liam's house. He never once called, texted, or seen Liam in those 48 hours; he'd obviously done nothing but stay home. His sister didn't question the unusual behaviour, and his father could have cared less about what the teenager was doing in his spare time. So, Harry sat in his room all day and stared at his wall of posters. He didn't put flowers on his mother's grave like he should have the day before and he didn't talk to his mother for comfort like he always had. Harry just wasn't himself.

Liam Payne walked down the halls, waving at people he apparently now called friends. His heart had grown impeccably cold while Harry was gone, and many feared the "Payne Train" would never go back to his old ways. However, despite his cold demeanor and rude attitude towards every person in sight, Liam's mind was still clouded with a young fellow named Harry Styles. Harry, the one Liam had not been seen or heard from; his Harry was missing.

Girls didn't know what to do with themselves since Harry was gone - seeing that the "loner boy" was quite the attractive guy - , and neither did Liam, to be honest. He just wanted to know if Harry was breathing, if he had consumed the amount of vitamins and nutrients he needed; but he couldn't do that when Harry himself probably despised the older lad.

"Liam," a voice startled the man. Liam turned, a glare already pointed at the person in front of him. "So, how'd it go with Harry last night, man? I bet he was pretty fucking heartbroken. The poor guy; who would have suspected that the loner was a faggot. You should be glad he's off your hands Payno."

Liam nodded, playing along with everything that he was hearing; and as the two parted ways, Liam called out, "Andy?"

The other boy turned, smirking at Liam, nothing but trouble brewing in his mind. "Yes, my dear Liam?"

"It's over, right?" Liam asked hopefully, wanting nothing more to do with whatever the hell Andy had in mind. Not anymore.

"Oh, my dear 'Payne Train', it is only the beginning." Andy had a sinister smiled on his face as he waved and disappeared down the empty hall; and if a person listened to the echoes resonating off the school walls, they would have heard the faintest sound. A soft crack that came from Liam Payne's ice cold heart.

----

- not edited -