t h i r t y - o n e

chapter thirty - one

---

"You honestly believe he wants anything to do with you, Harry? You're a loner - a freakshow. What makes you think someone like him wants someone so dull like you?" The words stung as Harry's eyes were trained on Liam James Payne. Andy - dearest Andy - stood next to him, smirking. 

"He's still my friend," Harry spoke up, feeling the familiar metal of his high school lockers behind him. "He said we'd still be friends no matter what happens. Right, Liam? You said that to me, remember. The summer before first year you told me - you promised."

Liam only shook his head, turning around and walking down a hallway of oblivion, Harry's hopes dropping. It was over - everything Harry had to live for was gone. Nobody wanted him here - not even his own best friend. 

"Harry, Harry, Harry, you're so naive. It's kinda adorable how completely and utterly stupid you must be in order to believe such an obvious lie." Andy spat, grabbing the collar of Harry's sweater, slamming the young boy's back against the locker doors. The hinges dug into Harry's spine, the pain unbearable to the point where he almost felt numb.

Harry looked into the eyes of his tormenter, they were black, like an obsidian stone; but the black soon turned into blue, and Harry's mind was exploding. A man was standing in front of him - someone Harry truly believed he had never seen before; he knew he hadn't. "Who are you?"

"Who am I?" The man spat, his voice so familiar. Harry looked at the body, it was all blurry, and when he looked up the whole figure was distorted, almost as if rain was blocking Harry's view; but it wasn't raining - now - was it? "I'm your worst fucking nightmare."

"Please, let me go, I haven't done anything wrong!" Harry cried out, his vision only seeing water now; and then it all went black.

"Harry," a voice whispered, Harry's body shaking.

"Harry, goddamnit, wake up!" It was still black when Harry opened his eyes, his body drenched in sweat and not rushing water - thank god. "Haz, are you alright?" 

Louis. 

"Lou?" Harry asked, his voice slightly shaky from what he felt like he had just experienced. Arms encircled Harry's waist, a body slowly intertwining with his own. It's only Louis, you're okay, Harry. Harry chanted the words, hoping to give himself comfort.

"It's just me, babe, it's just me." A voice whispered, holding the taller yet younger boy closer than he ever had before.

----

Sorry for the late update, I was at the beach. Annnnddddd I went to the DC concert last night - it was amazing! Again - my apologies <3 It'd mean a lot if you guys spread the word of this book - if you think it's worthy lol. But you don't have to, just something I thought I'd say. 

Hope you like this chapter - it's a little confusing but it'll make so much more sense later on in the book. :]

Love you all tons <3 

- hannah xoxo