t w e n t y - t w o

chapter twenty - two

---

Harry sat awkwardly, feeling the warmth of a second hand on top of his own. He knew it was Louis', of course it was. Now, Harry knew for a fact that Louis would just hate him again tomorrow - maybe a couple hours actually. The other boy was just so confusing. One second he's nice, the next he's cruel; and even though Harry knew it was a bad idea, he still spoke to Louis. He felt like the older boy didn't deserve anything bad even if he was a terrible person sometimes; but Harry's a terrible person, too, in his own ways.

So Harry didn't flinch when Louis touched his hand, he wouldn't do that to him. The curly haired boy was still curious as to why the Doncaster boy was in so much pain. He couldn't have hit him that hard.

"Louis?" Harry finally spoke up again, cherishing the next few seconds of comfort before the possible infuriation of Louis Tomlinson. "What happened before I ran into you?"

Louis was quiet, staring at his free hand's fingers as he tried to avoid Harry's eyes. Even though he knew he couldn't see him - his stare was still uncomfortable. "Nothing happened."

Louis didn't like this, not one bit. He didn't like how Harry cared so much about him, how the boy cared about what Louis said to him, and he most certainly didn't like the feelings he got when Harry was near. He didn't like this foreign feeling and he didn't like the attention - even if he lived for it.

"Louis, please don't lie to me right now." Harry whispered, now taking a hold of Louis' hand. Louis wasn't reacting the way Harry thought he would; and he was trying to decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing. 

"Nothing happened, Harry. I'm just fine. God, you're so fucking annoying." And there it was. The insults were back, and as much as it hurt Harry he didn't let it stop him this time. 

"Don't, don't do that." Harry said, his dull eyes boring into Louis'. 

"Don't do what, Harry?" Louis spat, tugging his hand away. It was like a deja vu moment for Harry - like Liam all over again. Except now it wasn't exactly the same kind of situation. Seeing that Louis had sort of opened up to Harry today, Harry didn't want it to just end there. He'd never openly admit it, but there was something about Louis that just screamed Harry's name. No matter what happened he wanted to figure out the mystery that was Louis Tomlinson's past; and Louis would be lying if he said he didn't feel the same.

"Please don't push me away."