t w e n t y - o n e

chapter twenty - one - thanks for 1,000 reads and 100 votes :]

----

Wolverhampton, England.

NEWS: "We are outside of New Cross Hospital, awaiting the release of a 16 year old boy named Harry Styles. Two days ago the teenager was rushed into the emergency room suffering from various injuries that we - at the moment - are not allowed to say. No one knows how this boy came to be the way he is; but we do know that he isn't walking out of the hospital with no possibly permanent damage."

"Here he comes!"

"Harry!"

"Mr. Styles"

"What happened that day?!"

"As you can see, Harry Styles has, in his hand, a white stick. This can only mean one thing - Mr. Styles is blind!"

----

"Hey mum," Harry placed the usual flowers on his mother's grave, a burly man next to him. Of course, the man accompanying him wasn't his personal choice - it was safety precautions. He stumbled to the ground, his hands catching his fall. What use was this 'body guard' all he did was stand there and do nothing. "Sorry I haven't been around lately."

Harry stopped speaking, scooting back to lean against the tombstone - something he would do when his mother was beside him and he couldn't sleep at night. "Hey, James? Could you give me a minute?"

"Of course," Harry listened as James' footsteps faded in the distance, then resumed speaking to his deceased mother.

"How have you been, mum? Better than me I hope." Harry whispered, "So, I got released from the hospital a few days ago. It was, it was an experience that only caused memories to come back. I guess you should fill you in on some things that you've missed. I told you about Liam Payne, haven't I? He was the best thing that ever happened to me, but god, I'm so stupid."

Harry choked on his next words, "He betrayed me, mum. He acted like I meant something and then threw me into the gutter with nothing." He breathed in shakily, willing himself not to cry, "I've been through shit - sorry about my foul language, I know you hate it when I curse; but it's true. I have gone through a lot of shit in my life, but this hurt me in so many ways that I just can't handle. God, I wish you were alive to talk to me. Give me some kind of advice to get through this hell, please. Mum, I need you, I need you so badly right now and you aren't here."

The tears began to flow as Harry spoke, "Remember when you told me," he paused, taking a deep breath, "you told me that when I really needed you, you'd be right here waiting for me. You said that you'd help me through anything - even if death got in the way. Where are you now, mum? Why aren't you doing what you said you would?"

Harry played with the grass next to him, tugging on it and breaking it to pieces. "You know I can't see anything anymore? I can't see the slightest bit of color. Years from now, I'll be crying walking down the aisle, I can see it now - get it? I can't see but i can imagine. I'll be crying, and it'll be tears of joy and sadness. Joy because someone actually wanted to marry a stupid fuck like me; yet sadness because I know for a fact that I will never see their face. God, I'll never be able to see Gem's kids - my own nieces and nephews. I'll never see my grandchildren or my own children. I won't be able to watch my favorite movies ever again."

"I'm blind mum, more blind than I was before." Harry sobbed, "They've even given me that cane for blind people. They've given me a bloody body guard because I can't fend for myself anymore. I'm useless, a whole load of bullshit to these people. I'm a nothing - more of a nothing than I was when I could still see. God, mum, how could I have been so blind about Liam? We've been best mates for years, so I thought I could trust him. But once he found out I was gay - he just flipped a switch. How can someone be friends for so many years and just suddenly change their view of them because of their sexuality? It's not fair! It's not fair, mum! Everything bad has happened to me, and it just isn't fair at all. When will people just give me a break?" Silence followed his endless stream of words. He thought each word over at least twice.

"I need you. I need you now, mum. So why the hell aren't you here for me?! You promised me!" Harry shouted at the stone, standing to his feet. "You promised me, mum. So why - where are you right now, huh?! Or have you betrayed me, too?"

Harry walked away, not paying attention to his minder that was now walking by his side. All Harry could do was think - so he thought of his question, 'Why aren't you doing what you said you would?' And every second he thought of it, the more the answer seemed more clear. 

This isn't the time she was talking about.

---

- not edited -

an extra long chapter because it's my birthday and I haven't updated in like two days.

ew i hate exclamation marks.

- hannah xoxo <3