t w e n t y - n i n e

chapter twenty - nine

----

Harry laid in bed, his eyes shut but his mind more alive than ever. He wanted to scream - scream so hard he would be mute. The curly - haired boy wanted to cry, cry because he hadn't in such a long time, and what better time than now; and how funny it was, how Harry always cried when it came to boys. He was such a cry baby sometimes. But Harry had grown, he had become a young man with his mind set on better days - and oh how he wished he could see his future. 

The sound of the front door slamming brought Harry back to reality - a cruel yet beautiful reality. Harry's door opened, Niall sighing in relief at the sight of a very much awake Harry. For the past few weeks, Niall had used Harry as his rock, something he'd never had before; and of course Harry would always say that Niall should lean on Zayn, but how could he? How could Niall trust someone with his heart and his mind all at once - it just wasn't an okay thing to do for him.

Harry, however, didn't mind the thought of being Niall's rock. Other than the occasional crying heap of a mess Niall would become, and the triggering words that would send Harry into a flash back - he was totally fine with it all. 

Niall sat on the floor, speaking to Harry about Zayn and how wonderful their relationship was. After about ten minutes or so, Niall grew quiet, his fingers tugging at the carpet. "Hey, uhm, Harry?"

Harry mumbled in response, dull eyes trained on the ceiling, "Mhmm?"

Niall sighed, scrambling to his feet, "Louis - is he good? Like, he's fine?"

Harry nodded, slightly uncomfortable about the topic, did Niall know? "Take good care of him, Harry."

Niall left the room, waving goodbye even though he knew the blind man couldn't see him. 

"I will, Niall. I will."