t h r e e

chapter three

----

There were days when Harry thought that Louis had decided to be nicer to him; but then he got rude ass comments from the Doncaster boy that made him want to throw a vase in the other boy's face. Unfortunately, he never did.

Now, Niall was still fretting over his liking towards Zayn and he was sort of glad Zayn had no idea about it - at least he thinks he doesn't. He may have been occupied by this "schoolgirl crush" but Niall had a keen eye for some things. And one of those things was Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles. The past month had gone by rather quickly, and to say the least: Harry and Louis did not get along. But from Niall's point of view, it seemed as though both boys wanted to. 

Maybe Harry's gay.

Or Louis.

The thoughts and ideas of the possibility the two may possibily like each other was ridiculous. They looked like they wanted to kill each other 24/7. 

"Niall," a deeper voice called to the Irish boy, placing a hand on Niall's shoulder. The blonde boy turned, looking at Zayn who had a lit cigarette between his lips. "Didn't mean to startle you, mate. You just look a little - you know - distracted and to be honest I'm worried about you, Ni." 

The nickname was enough to make Niall stare off into space, imagining things he'd rather not imagine near it's source. He smiled weakly at Zayn, "'m fine, Zayn. Just thinking about some stuff."

To say the two boys were a strange pair was an understatement. A punk guy with tattoos and smoking cigarettes faster than Niall could tune his guitar - which was about 41.89 seconds (his personal record) and a guy that wore tank tops and skinny jeans. "What? Are you considering actually coming out as gay, now?"

Niall froze, confused, "W-What? 'm not gay," he denied weakly.

"Niall, it's not really a secret..." Zayn mumbled, popping in a second cigarette.

"And how would you know?" Niall spat, suddenly feeling vulnerable and not liking the feeling one bit. 

"Cuz, I used to 'think' a lot too before I came out." The raven-haired boy took out his skull-decorated lighter, holding it up. To say that Niall was confused was the exact statement to use - he was downright confused about what the hell Zayn had just told him. "What? Didn't know I was out of the closet?"

"I didn't know you were even in the closet before." Niall stared at the pavement underneath his feet. "H-How did you know you were gay, though?"

God, if he has a boyfriend - I swear to god.

"Typical crush, thinking a guy was attractive, wanting to snog the hell out of him but not doing it because you thought he was straight. Probably same as you, right?" Niall nodded, staring off into space because of this uncomfortable realization. Zayn was gay; Niall was gay. So, would he care if I just - sort of.

"Kissed me?"

----

I can't. I just. belrhajfajldoljafojadbfljadnhsjdghwolgordg

- Hannah xoxo