Chapter 2-Gwen

Chapter 2-Gwen

I heard voices; unfamiliar voices.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a guy looking down at me.  His eyes filled with concern.  Those eyes...I've never seen eyes like them before.  They were perceptive and I felt naked under his gaze.

"Gwen?"  He asked uncertainty in his voice.  "Can you understand me?"

I nodded and blinked to see everything around me clearer, including him.  I noticed that I was in the nurse's office and tried to remember how I had gotten here but I drew a blank.  I didn't even know who this guy was and wasn't sure how he knew me.  I'd never before seen him in my life. 

"Do you remember what happened?"  He asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. 

I shook my head.  I looked at his eyes and had to look away.  They were so beautiful, yet strange.  He had an even light tan and it complemented the color of his eyes; his bluish-green eyes.  He was incredibly handsome and I wondered how a guy like this could even exist. 

There was a look of exasperation written all over his face.  "Gwen? Can you speak to me? Say something?"  He pleaded.

I gulped.  "WH-who are you?"  My voice came out as audible whisper.

He furrowed his eyebrow and looked confused and then suddenly looked alarm.  "Nurse!  I think she might a concussion."  He urgently called out.

A plump middle aged lady came rushing over to me.  "Oh, dear."  She muttered.  "Did she hit her head when she fainted?"

Fainted? What the hell...

"Not that I can recall.  She doesn't seem to remember me.  Do you think she might have amnesia?  Even so..."

I stopped listening.  Amnesia?  What had happened?  I remember bits and pieces of...I was in class...and then nothing.  I looked up at the guy.  He was talking to the nurse and paid no attention to me.  I looked at him intently, trying to recall any memory of him.  He looked familiar...oh!  He was the new guy in class.  What was his name...?

"Gabriel."  I whispered.  He turned to look at me at the sound of his name.  "That's your name, right?"

"You remember?"  He said and let out a sigh of relief.  "I'm glad you remember."

The nurse coughed.  "Well, now.  You gave us quite a scare, Miss Hampton.  Now, I would like to keep you here for the next two class periods.  If I see that you are doing better I will release you."  She said.  I caught her name that was written on her name tag, it was Lenriz, while she checked my eyes with a small flashlight.

I wanted to protested but instead said, "I honestly feel better, but I'll stay."

She nodded and went back towards her desk.  She had a file in her hands and figured that it was probably mine, considering the fact that it was thin.

Gabriel sat back down on the edge of my bed and asked, "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah.  I just can't seem to remember.  Only vague things keep coming up.  It’s like there's this black empty void that is blocking my memories."  I gulped.  "What if I do have amnesia?"

"No, if you had amnesia you wouldn't have remembered anything.  But what do you remember?"

I thought about it and felt completely embarrassed.  I wouldn't be surprised if my cheeks flushed at that moment.  "Well..."  I began.  "We were in class and then for some reason I started to yell at you and then everything went black."  Saying it sounded crazy and unreasonable.  It was not the way that I would act with someone I just met!  The only reason that I would act that way would be if he was a total asshole and I had to put him in his place.  But Gabriel didn't seem that way.  He was just the opposite.

He crossed his arms and had a smirk on his face.  "I have no idea why you started to yell at me either.  It was all of a sudden and very scary."  He mocked an impression of a bear attacking and I laughed.

I bit my lip.  Funny.  He was also funny.  "Well, I'm sorry for the things I said.  What ever they might have been."

His voice was soft when he spoke.  "It’s okay..."  He looked down at his hands and then back at me.  There was no trace of the playful tone he had just a few minutes ago.  "I thought you might have a-"

"Disorder?"  I finished.

He hesitated.  "Well, yes.  Do you?"

I sat up on the bed and looked down at my hands.  "No, not that I know of...anyways."  I sighed.  "It doesn't make sense.  Nothing like this has ever happened to me before."

"Then maybe it’s nothing to worry about."  He laid his hand on mine, reassuringly.

The nurse cleared her throat and immediately Gabriel pulled back his hand.  "Mr. Montehue, you cannot linger here.  Miss Hampton needs her rest."  She said sternly. 

He got up from his seat and looked at me.  "I guess I'd better be going."  His lips turned upward into a small smile but his eyes held something.  Something like....worry.  "See you around, Gwen."

"See you around."  I replied.

I watched as he walked towards the door and looked back at me.  I held his gaze and he did a sweeping gallant bow; just like how the men did it in the old days when they had the pleasure of dancing with a young lady.  He then opened the door and left.

I giggled and looked at the place where he was just a few minutes ago.  The nurse looked up from her desk and I fell silent but I still had a huge grin on my face when I lay back down on the bed, thinking of him.

**********************************************************

So what did you guys think?

What happened?! Oh! Picture of Gabriel Montehue------------------------->>>>>>>>>>

Please comment, vote, and fan!!!!!! :DD

<3 addy :))