Chapter 47-Loving you

Hey guys! So, I'm really sorry about not updaing sooner but I just had trouble writing this. It wasn't writer's block exactly more like my words weren't flowing. I hope it flows now! Please tell me if it's horrible so I can fix it! You guys are the best :))

This chapter is dedicated to Nadie_Rae because she helped me with an important detail of this chapter and might I say her suggestion was brilliant! :)) Hehe I hope you guys like it!!! :D

So without further delay....

****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 47-Loving you

Walking down the pharmacy aisles, I was aimlessly looking for the first aid kit.  I was hoping that it would have everything that I needed to take care of Gwen’s wounds.  I needed bandages, band aids, gauze, and disinfectant spray.  All those things came in a first aid kit, right?

Right.

I never had to worry about these kinds of things.  Keepers always healed.  That was just a fact about my kind.  I was already healing, although the cashier woman did give me a weird look when I came in.  I know what she saw: a tall guy with cuts on his face and slight bruising on his arms.  She must have concluded that I’d gotten into a fight.  That would’ve been the most logical explanation.  It would be partially right but she would never guess that the fight was with demons.  Wearing a shirt covered most of the damage since the cuts the demons made were down my chest.  I wasn’t too ruffed up but Gwen was and that’s why I was here, to get medical supplies.

“Ah ha.”  I said.  “There you are.”  I picked up the first aid kit and suddenly, I saw a flash of blond hair streak by at the corner of my eye.  I looked to my left and saw the little girl from the grocery store yesterday at the end of the aisle.  She had her teddy bear with her and was looking at the basket of balls cased at the end of the aisle.

I walked towards her and she looked up, a smile forming on her lips and her eyes sparkling.  “Hey, kid.”  I said.  “Beth, right?”

“Mhm.”  She responded.  “I remember you.  I saw you yesterday.”  She stated.  I could tell that she was very mature for her age.  I guess that it was because of her gift.

I smiled.  She was a cute kid.  “Listen, I wanted to ask you about what you told me yesterday.  What did you mean by it?”

She bit her lip and concentrated, her eyebrows meeting towards the center as she thought.  After a few moments she looked up, realization in her eyes.  “Mommy says I’m not allowed to talk about it.  She says people won’t believe me.”

I kneeled down so we could be at the same eye level.  Her hazel eyes met mine and I focused on my voice, making it soft and comforting like when my father would talk to me when I was younger.  “I believe you, Beth.  Will you tell me?”

She looked down at her feet, shuffling them.  “Well, I guess.”  She hugged her teddy bear closer to her for reassurance and looked back up at me.  “There’s a girl and she’s special.  More special than you can ever imagine.  But there’s something that wants her…no two things.  One is good.”  She held out her finger, counting.  “And the other is bad.”  She put her hand back down, averting her eyes from mine.  “Both may seem bad but one is looking after her, comforting her.  There’s a boy,” she looked back up at me and gave me a small smile, “that loves her very much but doesn’t want to let her go but he doesn’t know that it’s for the best.  It may not look like it is but it is, really.”  She looked at me, her eyes pleading, wanting me to understand.