Chapter 32-Gabriel

Hey guys!!! So as a special thank you for getting Escaping Death on the What's Hot List (it reached #484 over night!) so I've decided to post another chapter!!

This chapter is dedicated to the above because she is a new fan and her enthusiasm is well appreciated!!! Her stories are pretty funny and have a good catch to the story line! I suggest you go and check them out!! :D

Well, here you guys go! :]]]

Happy Reading!!! :))

****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 32-Gabriel

“So what brings you here?”  Kyle asked Calder as we sat at our usual table in the cafeteria.

I heard the hardness in Kyle’s voice but it wasn’t because he hated Calder but rather what Calder did to Tammy and that was not ‘okay’ in Kyle’s book.  I saw Tammy stiffen at the sound of Kyle’s voice and saw that she also noticed the harshness of Kyle’s question.

Calder looked from me to Kyle and then to Tammy, assessing the situation. Not doing very good with Gwen’s friends here am I?

I thought, Nope.  But you can always change it. 

“My parents have decided to tour the world and I didn’t want to stay in Canada so I decided to come and live with Gabriel for a couple of months until school is over.”

Kyle cocked his eyebrows.  “I see.”

Calder sighed, “Yes.  Fairfield is different and it’s been difficult to adjust.  But I am sure that with time I’ll become comfortable.  I hear that you have gotten a scholarship to play college ball?” 

Kyle relaxed and slowly said, “Yeah.  I got a scholarship to play at Ohio State along with Triston.”

“That’s pretty badass.  Most people don’t get a chance to play ball after high school.  You’re very lucky.”  Calder said.  "Who is Triston?"  Calder looked at me, his right eyebrow raised.

Kyle laughed and Tammy relaxed and held his hand.  “Thanks, man.  You aren’t so bad after all.”  He shook his hand with Calder and said, "Triston is one of my best friends.  He's somewhere with Molly."  

Tammy blushed and I realized what his statement really suggested.  I shrugged and Calder suddenly took on a faraway look.

I thought, Kimberly?  Directing the thought towards Calder.

Yes.

I didn't want Calder to dwell on Kimberly so I said, “Hey!  How bad could this guy be."  I patted Calder on the back and said, "After all, he hangs out with me.”

We all laughed and the tension that was in the air between us disappeared. Kyle gave me a discreet thumbs up as a sign of approval and Tammy nodded her head.  We ate our lunch in silence as Calder looked over his surroundings; it served as distraction from his thoughts of Kimberly.  I saw him calculating the entrances and the number of people in the cafeteria.  He was assessing the danger that the school could possibly have involving Gwen’s safety.  Every nook and cranny couldn't be overlooked to ensure her safety and Calder was going to help with the precautions that were going to be put in place. 

That’s why he was here.  He was here to help me protect Gwen from Death or any danger that involved her life.

There was a sudden chill that crept over me and everything around me slowed down as I felt an overwhelming amount of pain start at the pit of my stomach.  I balled up my fists and got up from the table, the chair screeching on the linoleum floor.