Chapter 35-Gwen

I couldn't help myself! I needed to post another chapter! :) I'm in the zone! I'm already writing the next one...but I might give this chapter a few days so you guys can digest it :) Well...I hope you enjoy!

<<<<<<<-----------------------------------Please vote! :D I really loved the support last week! My story was on the What's Hot List! Let's do that again this week but I need your help! If you didn't vote for the last chapter go do that....right now! Look at me all demanding...this is Nadie Rae's fault ohh and bananabread's and bloomelina's! Haha :D 

Oh! And welcome to all my new fans! You guys are great!!

Well.....without further ado :)

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 35-Gwen

My heart is beating erratically in my chest.  It’s beating so fast that I can hear it pounding in my head.  My legs are sore from running and I feel like at any moment I may pass out.  I hear Gabriel run upstairs to join Calder and I’m curious to know what is going on but my body won’t get up. 

I’m winded and I need to let my body rest just for a few minutes.  I hear Calder yell, “There’s no danger Gabe, just get up here!”  Then there is a clatter as something falls on the hardwood floor.  A few seconds later, I hear running footsteps from above and I assume that it’s Gabriel’s footsteps.

There’s silence for a few minutes before I hear the distant sound of voices.  I wish I had super hearing then I could stay down here and listen to what was going on upstairs.

 I use the wall for support and start standing up.  My knees are weak and it takes a moment to regain my strength and balance.  Black spots appear in my line of vision and I stop until they disappear.  I start heading upstairs, taking the stairs one at a time.  Each step drags on and it takes about two minutes to just get up to the top and I become winded again.  I head to the attic and the voices become louder as I hear Calder’s worried and impatient tone.

“Why isn’t it working?  You did it to save Gwen.  Why can’t you do it to save Kimberly?”  Calder says distressed.

“I don’t know what I did last time Calder.  I didn’t even know I had my powers…”  Gabe says resignation visible in his voice.  “Wait…do you see that?”

I slowly walk into the attic and see a glowing light emanating from Calder’s hands.  “That’s it.”  Gabe says.  I watch as Calder lowers his hand to the girl’s stomach and slowly the blood starts to disappear.  I watch in amazement and move forward, tripping over a cord. 

Gabriel’s head snaps up and sees me standing by the door.  He motions me by tilting his head to come closer to him and I do.  The girl’s head is on Calder’s lap and his eyes glisten with tears.  The girl has blond hair and has porcelain skin; she looks pale.  There is blood in her hair and I watch as that also disappears, the wound closing shut. 

The girl gasps as if she had been drowning.  Calder holds her firmly in his arms and I see that her eyes are unfocused.  She has blue eyes with a tint of green in them, nothing like Gabriel’s eyes but definitely different.  She focuses on Calder’s face and smiles and wipes away the tears of relief that are escaping down his cheek.

The moment is intimate and I turn away blushing, feeling like I should leave them alone.  Gabriel holds my hand and I crawl to sit in front of him, letting him wrap his arms around me.  He rests his head on the crook of my shoulder and I relax back into him.

“Calder, how did I get here?”  She asks.  Her voice is raw and in seconds a bottle of water materializes in Calder’s hand. 

“Here.  Drink this.”  She tilts her head back and Calder gently presses the bottle to her lips.  She drinks slowly and I see a light glow return to her skin.