Chapter 25-Gwen

Hey guys! Well here is another chapter of Escaping Death. I'm sorry if its a bit long but it sets up the next chapter :) This is more of a filler but you do get to find out what Gwen has been thinking and more of the easy going relationship that Gabriel and Gwen have :) Oh! And I'd like to take a few moments to explain Gabriel's secret.  I don't want any confusion.

Okay..so Gabriel and Gwen are childhood friends and they are the same age.  Since Gabriel is a time traveler he came back from the future where he is 19.  He goes back to Gwen's present where she is 17 to prevent her death.  He's just older in the sense of his time.  For Gabriel, Gwen's present is his past.  For Gwen, Gabriel's present is her future.  Make sense? lol I hope it does.

Well without further delay.....

*drumroll*

Chapter 25-Gwen

It was late morning when I woke up in Gabriel’s arms.  The sun was shining brightly in through the cracks of the window blinds.  Quietly, without disturbing Gabriel from his sleep, I got up and headed down stairs.  I went in search of my phone and found it in my bag by the door.  I checked to see the time and it read 10:47.

Luckily there seemed to be no missed calls from mom.  I was grateful for that.  If mom got home and found me gone she would probably freak out.  To be safe I quickly sent a text that said:

Hey mom! :) Went 2 Gabe’s.  I’ll be home be4 dinner :)

I flipped close my Blackberry and locked it.  I waited for a few minutes, looking down at my phone for a reply back from mom but there was nothing.  I thought back to the night before and how she had gotten drunk at the office party.  She was probably still at Kendra’s house with a wicked case of a hangover.

I checked my phone to see if the volume was on Medium and when it was I slipped it into my front jeans pocket.  I started to head towards the kitchen because my stomach had begun to growl, signaling hunger.  On my way, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror that was in the hallway.  My image unsettled me.  There was something different in my appearance.  My hair was a mess and I ran a hand through it to smooth it out.  My light blue flower blouse was full of wrinkles and creases.  The difference wasn’t wholly set on my clothes but that of my eyes.  I looked older with the intensity that my eyes held. 

There was so much that I had discovered these past few days.  I didn’t realize that Gabriel’s secret had taken such a drastic effect on me.  I knew things that only people dream of in their life time.  If someone had asked me a year ago if I believed in magic I would have said, “No, there’s no such thing.”  Now?  I know better to believe otherwise.

Gabriel was a magical being.  He was a time traveler.  I’d seen firsthand the power that he possessed.  I’ve seen the beautiful white light that surrounds him.  The rose that was embedded with magic was also another fact that made me believe that it was real; that magic was real. 

I stepped away from the mirror and headed back towards the kitchen.  I took a seat in one the chairs from the dining table and held my head in my hands.

“He’s a time traveler.”  I breathed out.

I still couldn’t believe it but it made sense.  Gabriel didn’t look like any of the guys at school.  He was taller than most of them but that was genetics.  I remember that his father and mother were tall.  I barely remember his sister Jane but the few times that I’d seen her she had been the same height as Mrs. Montehue.  Gabriel was also more built than half the guys on the football team.  His physical fitness had come from his long extensive training over the years.  There was also the fact that his maturity level was beyond Kyle’s or Triston’s or anyone else for that matter.  I realized that his maturity came from his age.  Gabriel wasn’t a normal teenager.  He’s a nineteen year old who has trained for most of his teenage life while also killing demons and protecting the good of the world! Yeah, he wasn’t like most guys.