Chapter 30-Gabriel

Hey guys sooo I couldn't help myself and wanted to post another chapter! I hope it's okay for all of you! :) Well, this chapter is dedicated to bananabread! She is awesome and really fun to talk to.  Also....she is on to me about what might happen at the end of the story....and also she requested that she get a chapter with more of Gabriel's friend, Calder :D  I love her theory and if you guy's have theories feel free to tell me :)

I'd also like to give thanks to Bloomelina for becoming a new fan! She's so enthusiastic and I loved how she thought that Gabriel was an angel in the first few chapters :DD 

Well, without further ado....

On to the story :))

******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 30-Gabriel

I quietly and carefully unwound my arms around Gwen and slipped out of the bed.  It was late from how high the moon was set on the horizon.  It was a full moon and its brilliancy offered comfort to the small town.  I put my hands in my pockets and felt the cold feel of the necklace I had given Gwen a few weeks ago.  She was wearing it the day of the accident and when I went back to salvage some of her belongings, I found it at the bottom of the passenger seat; unharmed from the fire.

It was cold in my hand and the metal shinned from the glint of moonlight seeping through the window.  I was engrossed by the fact that the necklace hadn’t been ruined.  There was no sign of the metal burning or the stone being scratched.  Nothing.  It was as brand new as the first day it was made.  Grandma must have charmed it with powerful magic, I thought. 

I walked over to the nightstand and searched the cabinet for a piece of paper and pen.  Luckily, I found a small business card and decided that it would be sufficient.  I quickly scrawled a note for Gwen and laid it on the nightstand along with the necklace.  I looked down at her sleeping self and saw the steady rise of her chest as she breathed.  She looked like an angel after a battle.  Her light brown hair falling in ringlets around her, illuminating her being and turning her into an unnatural creature.  A creature of peace and grace.

I breathed a long sigh and shook my head, heading out the door as quietly as I could.

*****

Has her fated changed?  Does she have a greater purpose?  Am I the one thing that is standing in the way of fulfilling her destiny?

The questions kept repeating in my head like a broken record player.  There was no stopping the train of thought no matter how hard I tried.  The questions just kept on repeating and coming up in my mind without any warning.

I groaned, wanting my mind to stop wandering to these questions.  I felt guilty.  This is why I couldn’t help but think of Gwen’s life, of Gwen’s fate.  I stopped her from dying, from reaching…

I hit the steering wheel with the palm of my hand in frustration. 

God, how I wanted to know. 

I wanted to know if this was my fault.  Is her life ruined now because of me?  Death won’t stop until it has its hands on her soul, on her essence, on her life form.  Did my saving her possibly ruin the chances of her having a normal life?

Her life wasn’t normal.  Not since I came back and unveiled my secret.  Her life stopped being normal once I found out that she had two paths, two different destinies.  Somehow, Gwen was different.  I knew that deep inside my being. 

I was going to do everything that was possible to save her life.  There had to be a way to stop Death from coming after her.  There was always a way no matter how the odds looked.  There was always a loophole with any rule.  All rules are meant to be broken and I’d break a thousand if it meant saving Gwen.