Chapter 37-Gwen

Hey guys! It feels like forever since I've uploaded...but I think it's only been a week :P Sorry I've been slacking. Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to Nadie Rae cause she is just awesome!! She is my WBFL!!!! :DD Haha although there are so many of you that are really great fans and I really appreciate it! If only I could dedicate a chapter to all of you who read at the same time! Now that would be awesome :))

I hope this is a little *hint hint* that she needs to upload her story "Alley Kat" which is truly amazing just like it's writer!!!! :)) If you haven't read her work, I suggest that you do! :) It's really good and she loves to torture you with cliffhangers! :D

Haha well anyways....I hope you enjoy the chapter! :))

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 37-Gwen

I wake up to the blaring of my alarm next to my nightstand.  I groan and cover my ears with my pillow.  I reach over and turn it off, thankful for the peace and quiet.  I roll over but don’t feel anything-or should I say-anyone next to me.  I reach over and pat the space next to me.  Nothing.  I open my eyes and see that Gabriel is gone.  There is a note on the pillow and I wipe the sleep from my eyes, willing them to stay open.  It’s only 5:20 and I groan.  I’m not exactly a morning person per se.  The first few moments of waking up are the worst but as the morning goes on I grow fully awake.

I turn on my table lamp and unfold the paper.  It reads:

Gwen

Had to sneak out before your Mom possibly came in and found that I’d stay the night.  I’ll see you at school in a few hours. Last night was…GREAT. That’s how I’d love to spend all my nights :)

 I’ll come by to pick you up as usual tesoro mio.

Love, Gabriel

I smile at the sweet pet name that he has decided to call me.  I’ve never been a fan of pet names.  They were always “babe” or “baby”; not very original.  I loved that he called me tesoro mio.  The way that his “R’s” rolled sweetly off his tongue.  I held the note up to my chest and laid back down on the bed. 

The smell of him still lingered on the sheets as I lie on the pillow that had been his last night.  It smells almost like peppermint and a mix of his cologne; a musky scent.  I sigh and reluctantly start getting ready for another day of school.  While I’m getting ready I catch my reflection in the mirror and my face can’t hide the smile on my lips and the light in my eyes.

*****

“He slept over?”  Tammy shrieks. 

I lean forward and cover her mouth with my hand.  I feel very hot all of a sudden and look around the hall to see if anyone was paying any particular attention to us.  It’s passing period and Tammy and I stopped by our lockers to grab our text books before Physics.  I didn’t see anyone and I turn my attention back to Tammy’s wide incredulous eyes. 

“Shh!  Will you keep your voice down if I tell you what happened?”  I ask.  She nods.  I remove my hand from her mouth and she leans closer to me.  She has a huge grin on her face and I can’t help but laugh at how utterly normal this moment is.  It feels exactly like old times.

“So what happened?” 

“Nothing happened.  We talked and kissed for a bit but nothing beyond that.  Gabriel isn’t like that.  He isn’t like the last ones.”

“You can say that again.  I actually like Gabe.  He’s like a knight and shining armor!”  She giggles and I can’t help but join in.  “No, but seriously.  I believe you when you say nothing happened.  Gabriel just seems more mature than that.”