Chapter 43-Parents

This chapter is dedicated to SheaRyhai.  She is such an amazing writer! There isn't words to describe how much I love her story The Entertainment.  If you guys haven't read it-I suggest that you do. I know you'll love it just as much as I do :) Also, thank you for your support in reading this story girly! :))

So, this chapter is called Parents...we all have them. Honestly, I had such a great time writing this. I thought it was pretty funny :D

Hope you guys like it! 

******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 43-Parents

“There hasn’t been any new information since the last time you contacted us, son.”

“Damn.”  I muttered.  I looked up to see my father’s somber gaze as he looked back at me through the looking glass.  “Have you checked other Councils in Europe?  Maybe in Scandinavia or London or even Australia?”

“We are trying, son.  You have to be patient.”  He said evenly.

“Patient?”  I exclaimed.  “How can you ask me to do such a thing when I only have two weeks left with her?  That’s all I have.  Then I’ll be forced to leave her without…”

“I understand the circumstances.  We are looking for answers about her unfortunate dilemma.  As you know, the members that are on your side believe that she is special in some way.  Special enough that Death wants her soul.”

I nodded.  I’ve heard all this before.  It was the same thing he always said to me for the last couple of weeks.  Death wanting her soul was a new touch that he just added.  I scoffed, “Real dramatic, Dad.”

He shrugged.  “What else do you want me to say, Gabe?  It’s the truth.  Death isn’t something that anyone understands or even wants to come in contact with.  We have reason to believe that it’s ruthless.  If Gwen’s sudden attraction to demons isn’t proof enough then I don’t know what is.”

I ran a hand through my hair.  “I know.  We’re doing the best we can here.  She’s prepared and has been fighting them off rather well except for the most recent demon that poisoned her.”

“I see.”  He stood up from his seat in his chair.  He was in the library, I could tell by the intricate carvings of the walls surrounding the room.  “You healed her?”

“Yes,”  I said.  “It’s gotten easier to heal her wounds.  I still don’t understand how I’m capable of doing that.  I always thought that we could only heal ourselves not other people.”

“You’re the first that I’ve heard of it in centuries.”

“Centuries?”  I asked.  “What do you mean?”

He drew in a deep breath and stood in front of his looking glass.  I inched closer, curiosity getting the best of me.  For a moment, it felt like my father was standing right before me, telling me one of his stories that reminded me of my childhood.  There was a slight gleam in his eye and a small smile on his mouth.

“You aren’t the first Keeper recorded in our records that has had the ability to heal others much less heal mortals.”  He began.  I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to continue.  “There was another Keeper in 1837 that possessed the same ability.”

“What was his name?  Is he of our lineage?”

He cleared his throat.  “No,” He walked back to his chair and I noticed a slight limp as he walked.  “He had the ability to read minds but-and here is the interesting part-he fell in love with a mortal.”