S01E18 | blah blah blah

SEASON ONE, EPISODE EIGHTEEN

BLAH BLAH BLAH

SASHA

          SECTIONALS WERE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. Yet, they still had no setlist, had no idea who they were going to compete against, and no general sense of direction.

          Needless to say, Sasha's mood had definitely taken a turn for the worse.

          She knew she wasn't the only one feeling restless. Even though she hated to admit it—and she really, really did—she could relate to A.J.'s mild breakdown before Invitationals, when nothing was going according to plan, when there wasn't even a plan in the first place, and barely anyone seemed to care.

          She had even tried to talk to A.J. about it, tried to convince her to do her job as the team leader and speak up, but, since she was on cloud nine—a clear change from being so deep in the closet she could barely see the light outside—in spite of still being too hidden outside of the choir room, it wasn't of much help.

          "I'd say something if it helped," she said, with a frown, standing next to her in the cafeteria line. For the first time in what seemed like an eternity, she, too, carried a plastic tray. "Trust me, I would. Isabella likes to do things her way, even though she'd promised we would always meet each other halfway whenever there were conflicting opinions, but I think we both know that's not the case. I'd like a small Caesar salad, please," she added. "I'm as concerned as you are and I can try to push her buttons, see if she comes back to reality, but I can't promise you anything."

          Sasha sighed as A.J. received her bowl of salad. It was a smaller dose than an appetizer. "Who do you think is getting the solo this time?"

          "I have no idea. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure I even want to know." A.J.'s face paled as every head in the NYSPA blog team table turned to face the two of them as they crossed the cafeteria, searching for empty seats where they could eat their lunch in peace. Sasha felt slightly faint, too, but recovered once she noticed the people who were also part of the Twilight Tone weren't sitting there. "Do you think . . .?"