S01E06 | diva

SEASON ONE, EPISODE SIX

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

SEASON ONE, EPISODE SIX

DIVA

LEVI

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

LEVI

          FOR A BRIEF MOMENT, LEVI TAYLOR THOUGHT A.J. WAS GOING TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE. Then, that possibility became a close certainty.

          He had to confess he had been pretty excited about being paired up with her, as he was curious to know what the fuss around her was all about, and if she was as difficult to work with as mostly everyone claimed she was. Being friends with Waylon meant he had to deal with his boyfriend, Landon, being pulled into their group (Levi, Zara, and Waylon, who knew each other from high school . . . and, in Levi and Zara's case, had shared a womb); Landon hanging out with them meant his older sister, Sasha, also gravitated around them quite often, so they all had heard tales about A.J.'s viciousness.

          Levi doubted everything he had heard about her, especially from Sasha, was true. Granted, everyone knew A.J. was incredibly competitive, but, then again, so were plenty of other students, and no one got as much spotlight over it as she did. If the source of the negative comments was the Broadway thing, while it was impressive, it wasn't that big of a deal in the greater specter of things; Levi knew several students would go on and do something extraordinary with their lives someday—A.J. had just done it earlier.

          There was something strangely alluring about her, in the way she presented herself to the world, as though she had something to prove to them despite claiming she owed nothing to anyone. That attitude reminded him of his girlfriend, Red, and that one thing was what convinced him most of it was all an act. Some of it was simply A.J.'s personality, it had to be, but her superiority complex and arrogance had to have another cause—or causes—behind them.

          One of those causes was her insane talent, and he had to let her have that one. He had watched her perform, he had witnessed the sing off with Sasha the previous week, and she was already a legend when he had just begun to think about applying to NYSPA a year and a half ago. The girl could sing like a Grammy winner and hold her own on a stage like a Tony award veteran.