Ch. 10- Welcome To Berk!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I landed on a nearby island, deciding finish my journey the next morning, in the early morning when most people are sleeping. You know, get to know the area a bit before announcing myself.

With help from Violet, I set up camp and went into a deep sleep.

I woke up early, before the sun started to rise, and packed up the few things I unpacked before flying off towards Berk.

We did a lap around the island, to know the landscape, before finding three hiding places in case of an emergency. I had Violet land on the outskirts of the village before we explored the village, the moon as our light. When the start of dawn came, we took off to the sky, to get a good look from above. A few dragons lay outside of some houses, sleeping. A good sign- I hoped- that they were peaceful with dragons.

I made a last minute decision to go on a morning flight before appearing on Berk, in case I wasn't able to fly as often like I was used to.

I lifted my arms up like Violet did her wings and closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of the wind through my hair and rushing around me.

"Hey!" a voice called out. That wasn't normal. I turned around to see a boy on a dragon like Violet. Another Night Fury.

"Hurry, Violet!" I whispered, leaning against her to limit the wind resistance.

"Hey! Faster, Toothless. WAIT UP!" he called out.

"Faster, Vi. We can beat them! I know we can!" She dashed to our hiding spot in a cave and hid in the darkest corner, her black wings wrapped around me as I sat in front of her.

"Hello," a voice dragged out. "I know your in here. Come out, come out, wherever you are." I didn't move, but felt a nudge from the outside of Violet's wing. She growled.

"S- stay back," I stuttered, frightened. I didn't know why. He was a dragon rider, too. So he'd surely be an alley, right?

"Shh. Shh," he said softly, on the other side of Violet's wings. "We won't hurt you. Just come out."

"W- we?" I asked, making a small peek hole by separating part of her wings. Violet growled: she didn't want me being in harm's way.

"Toothless- my night fury- and I." The boy smiled as he saw my eyes. "Come out. I won't hurt you. Neither will Toothless."

I pushed Violet's wings out slightly, then she jumped in front of me, growling at the boy. The other night fury, Toothless I believe, jumped in front of the boy. The two stopped growling for a few seconds before licking each other. It was like they knew each other.

"Violet, do you know this dragon?" I asked. They both nodded. I laughed. "Are you friends?" Violet nodded her yes.

The boy laughed. "Hey, bud. You got yourself a friend?" he asked, patting the dragon's head. I took a step back, wishing Violet was closer to me then to them. The boy noticed and his turned his head to face me, his eyes filled with concern. "Shh, I won't hurt you. Relax, girl."

"Name?" I whispered, faintly.

"What?"

"Name," I demanded, not asking a question anymore.

"The name's Hiccup and this is my best friend, Toothless. What's yours?" Hiccup. The name sounded so familiar. This boy looked familiar but at the same time... he didn't.

"S-" I stopped. Should I tell him my name? No. Yes. No. Yes. No... Yes. "Starfire," his eyes widened, "and Violet here is my only and best friend."