Epilogue

Epilogue

~~~~~~~~~

My name is Starfire Valka Haddock. I have a father who is the chief and a famous older brother. My brother is no other than the legendary Dragon Conqueror, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third. Both my father and my brother are strong, brave, loving, and dote on me. My father is fearless and sometimes prefers tradition over what's easier, right, or new. My brother is much more adaptive and looks to the future. He is creative, an inventor, caring, and has a huge soft spot for dragon, especially his best friend, Toothless.

But if you are reading this, you already know all that. I am only sixteen. I was just recently reunited with my family after being lost at sea for ten years. I have been home for a little over a year. I was even able to celebrate my fifteenth and sixteenth birthdays with my brother! And, as you read, we practically have the same birthday.

But my time is coming to an end. I am sick and have numbered days. I can barely stand to write anymore, which is why I stopped writing were I did.

Anyways, to fulfill the wishes of my friends- or the gang as they call themselves- I am writing a quick summary of my short life.

Yes, I do have years of journals to tell my story, but- like you read when I told my brother- some things I wrote were personal, and I asked for only my brother to read them.

If someone happens to read them in the future- you suck. Don't you know it's rude to read someone's journal without their permission? Just joking, but please don't judge.

Anyways, this is my final goodbye.

To my friend Astrid: you are the bravest viking warrior on Berk (excluding my dad), and I know you will do great things. P.S. please take good care of my brother.

To my friend Fishlegs: keep learning about everything you can learn about. Don't let anything quench your thirst for knowledge. You are destined for great things. What that means is for you to decide. Remember: anything you chose is great.

To my friend Snoutlout: I find you annoying and stubborn and there are times I just want to punch your teeth out to make you shut up. But you're my friend, and I couldn't imagine a more loyal one (whether you deny being loyal or not).

To my friends Ruffnut and Tuffnut: Stick together. Don't let anything break your bond. A bond of a sibling is an unbreakable one, just ask Hiccup. Try not to destroy Berk, and... that's really all I have.

To dad: you are amazing. I couldn't ask for a better dad. Even if our time together was short, I wouldn't change a second of it.

And finally, to the best big brother in the archipelago (and even to the Great Beyond): I couldn't ask for a better brother. Never forget that. You are special, don't let anyone make that a bad thing. Keep going after what you want, don't let anyone stop you. And LISTEN TO YOUR DRAGON! He knows what he's talking about. I love you. Also, even though our time together was short, I loved every moment of it. And remember, it wasn't your fault.

To anyone else who reads this: dragons are kind, intelligent, wonderful creatures. If you already know that, then continue exploring what I never got to explore. Learn things I didn't get the chance to learn.

Farewell, everyone. You made my life a great one. I couldn't ask for a better family or better friends.

Thank you, for everything.

Love, Starfire Valka Haddock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~