Chapter Three

The Alchemists Suffering-Part Two

There are some things
you
cannot change.

+small warning for abuse and also some cursing+

-Sonia's Point of View-

I stare at the ground beneath me. The floor is moving. I'm dizzy. I feel sick.

'No. No. No.' I hear a woman's voice. Who is that?

I step forward and feel worse, then grab the countertop that seemed so familiar.

'Oh right,' I think. The Tucker household. How could I forget?'

But this felt a little different. Older.

Then I realized. Another memory. Something else to fill my brain.

I try to walk again. I feel less faint. I walk over, past the kitchen, and this memory leads me into Tucker's experiment lab, for some strange reason. I feel uneasy, but define it as nothing more than being woozy from earlier.

I take slow steps, and my footsteps don't make a sound. I enter the room, but no one can see me, of course. It's just another memory. But this feels wrong already.

And then I see people. Them.

There is Mr. Tucker. Then the woman. Then the animal. It's a dog. But the most unsettling part of what I observed...

was the conspicuous transmutation circle on the floor.

They were fighting. I knew who the woman was now.

Nina's mother. Tucker's wife.

I watch carefully. The dog barks at the two of them fighting. Then Tucker looks beyond angry. I can't even tell what they're fighting about. I'm too wrapped up in trying to stop being dizzy.

And then, he slapped her. My train of thought stopped. Hell, I couldn't do anything. I clenched my fists.

There was a red mark on her cheek. She stopped yelling.

"Will you comply now?" I heard him say, and a shiver ran down my spine. His voice was haunting.
She stayed quiet, and he made her sit down in the middle of the transmutation circle. He dragged the dog by it's collar to put him next to her.