Chapter Fourteen

Created Feelings

never again will i let someone in.

-the story so far.

•••

Sonia couldn't sleep that night.

Jocelyn, her sister.

Her sister, a homunculus.

And even Edward, who she thought was her friend, lied to her. How dare he?

'How dare he lie to me about something so important?!'

She tried to remember what had happened.

'Homunculi? But those don't... they don't exist.'

'That's what I thought too. But they had the ouroborus tattoos. And one of them you said was your s-'

And that's when he stopped himself. He thought for a moment and I asked, 'My what?'

'Never mind. Sorry.'

She was starting to wonder if he even trusted her in the first place. And she also wondered if she could trust him anymore.

•••

The next morning brought no better news. Winry had expected Sonia to go to the hospital with her to visit Ed, and he was obviously expecting her too since she had said she would yesterday.

So she put on a brave face and acted if it was no problem at all.

Yet, at the same time, she was so ready to just scream at that traitorous jerk, Edward. She felt so angry and hurt. That whole night, she couldn't even figure out why he did it.

'Is it because he didn't want me to get hurt?' she thought. 'Doesn't he already know I was strong enough to handle this?'

Sonia reached for her pocket watch and stared at herself through the gleam of it. Her mirror image frowned. She was having second thoughts.

'What if I'm fooling myself? What if Edward was right to lie to me? What if I'm not as strong as I thought? '

These thoughts wandered in her mind for the longest time. Even when they were at the door for Ed's hospital room, she couldn't stop thinking until she heard a crash and a yell.

She snapped out of it fast enough to hear the voice of Alphonse say, "I never asked for this damn body!"

The door had already been opened and Sonia looked through it to see and infuriated Al, shouting at his older brother. Edward looked shocked, realizing his mistake.

"I'm sorry, Al. You're right. But when I get you your body back, you'll-"

"What if it never happens? What if I never get my body back?! What about that, brother? Or can I even call you that?"

"W-what are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying, what if you're not my real brother?! What if you created me just to convince me into thinking that I was your brother and have everyone I know lie to me?! You could have made up all my memories and created all my feelings to fool me this whole time! How am I supposed to trust you, or anyone?"

The air was tense as Alphonse waited for a response. Sonia could hear Winry start to say something, but her voice was too quiet for either of the boys arguing to hear. Concern was very noticeable in the blonde girl's expression, but on the other hand, Sonia did not feel too worried.

She knew Al -bless his tender heart- was wrong. She just hoped Ed would get him to realize that. After all, he was the only one who really could.

The silence didn't last long. Ed had slammed his fists on the tray that was in his lap. Sonia noticed his balled fists were trembling.