author's note

dear reader, this is from me to you.

i'm so bittersweet yet proud to say that The Price of Life has come to an end. writing this book has been such therapy for me, considering how desperately i needed something good in my life when i started creating this world that revolved around sonia and alchemy. i'm happy to say i'm in a better place now than i was when i started this at 14. four years later, and i'm finally finished. 

thank you for any and every vote or comment or anything you've ever given me. i am so humbled to be a part of your lives, no matter how big or small. thank you for giving me inspiration and a desire to let sonia's story play out. i'm so grateful for a loving audience, and i wish you could see my happy tears as i write this note. 

just between us, i want to say thank you. 

-Robin, author of The Price of Life

"I've always tried my best to insert words of greeting and thanks into the character's dialogue in Fullmetal Alchemist. I truly believe that a small greeting or giving thanks helps us appreciate the fact that we, as human beings, depend on the support of one another to live. And now, as this journey comes to an end, I'd like to say to everyone who was involved, 'See you around,' and 'Thank you very much.'"

-Hiromu Arakawa, author of Fullmetal Alchemist