Memory

I see a dim light at the end of the tunnel and I head to it. Someone whispering to me as I walk endlessly.

"Ari please wake up" it said. I didn't know this voice but it carried a lot of sentiment like it cared for me.

I blink slowly as a room starts forming around me. White walls and a slow beep every second.

" Who are you" I managed to say in a raspy voice.

" Ari is me Cass." She said smiling brightly.

She was a beautiful woman for sure. Like someone out of a magazine. I didn't recognize her but she knew me. Her hands where tightly gripping mine. It was a familiar feeling. Her hands that is.

" Am I supposed to know who you are?"

Her eyes widened.

" Stop. That's not funny." She wiped her tears as she shot another beautiful smile at me.

" Not that I don't want to get to know you" I say Smirking. " Unfortunately I really don't know who you are."

" Ari stop." She became serious.

" Seriously lady can you call the doctor and bring some of my actual family here so they can tell me
what's going on."  I slipped my hands out of hers.

I didn't mean to be rude or anything because she's honestly beautiful and totally my type but she was talking to me in a really familiar way and I didn't even know her name.

" Doctor." She yelled suddenly.

It made my ears ring a bit.

She got up suddenly and rushed out.  Seconds later the doctor rushed in with Nikki and my Mom and a couple of other strangers.

The doctor checked my vitals.

" What year is it Ariana."  The Doctor asked.

" ummm 2019?" I asked rhetorically.

" Who is this?" He pointed at my mom.

" My mother?" I said sarcastically.

" And this"  he pointed at Nikki.

" My best friend."

" And this."  He pointed at the beautiful lady.

" Um I just met her 15 seconds ago and all these other people are strangers."

" Ari stop messing around." Nikki said.

" Can you stop saying I'm messing around?"

I got really annoyed.

" Am I supposed to know these people?" I raised my voice now. Which made my head hurt and my chest. My chest was heavier then normal now.

I clenched my chest and felt really heavy now.

" Okay guys give her some space." Says the doctor.

My ears began to ring.

" Ari?"

That hurt.  It felt like she yelled right into my ear. Who was this lady and why did does she have that look in her eyes. Like she's horrified and scared.

The machines started going haywire.

" okay everyone out. Nurses get in here. We need to sedate her."

" No stop." I yelled. " Just give me a second. I'm okay."

I shut my eyes and tried to clear my head. I wasn't sure what was going on but I was not going let these doctors sedate me. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears.