The Hard Part

Cass and I arrived at school together which wasn't unusual due to me still being " grounded " it wasn't much of a punishment anymore I wanted to be where she was so this worked out perfectly. Although my grades suffered for those few weeks I didn't go to school I was up there in grades. I could afford setbacks but according to Cass I couldn't. She wanted me to be valedictorian, in other words, the best. She really believes I can do it. We discussed it all the way to school she wouldn't let it go. It got me thinking that I could if I really tried. I never really thought about aiming to be the best I just wanted to have decent grades and go to college I didn't care about that stuff.

" Think about what I said okay? You can be the best student here."

She reached for my hand and looked at me.

God how could she have such piercing eyes and so much of an effect on me.

" Okay, I promise I will think about it just stop looking at me like that." I said shyly.

" Like what?" She said confused.

" nothing." I shook my head.

No one really ever looked at me like that. With expectations, hope, and joy. All kinds of emotions. Don't get me wrong I do have people that love me and want the best for me but the most common looks I get is pity and jealousy. Half of the kids at school think I have a perfect life and the other half feel bad that I have a heart problem. If they only knew that my dad was practically a killer and that my teacher is practically cheating on my brother with me. I probably have mental issues too considering I tried to kill Cass while I was dreaming. Which reminds me she didn't even seem fazed by the whole thing. It's like had already experienced something similar. I feel like deep inside she has secrets. Anyway just pick your poison in my messed up life.

" Have a good day." I smiled.

" You too sweetheart." She reached and squeezed my thigh.

" You are making this harder." I eyed her hand on my thigh that was currently reminding me of last night.

" See you in class." She said as she winked and got out of the car.

We went our separate ways. I was supposed to meet up with Amy but I decided not to tell Cass because she would start to worry I also had no plans on her tagging along to find Zack. I needed to do this on my own. I also conveniently forgot to mention that I was taking Amy's parents to dinner today. I honestly just didn't know how to not worry her about all of this. I felt terrible but it's better this way. She already had enough on her plate. I had to find Nikki too she didn't text me at all after she got home so I'm a little worried. I hope she came to school. I sent her a text but she didn't reply either.

" Good Morning love bird"

" Hey Amy." I rolled my eyes. She definitely had a gift  I had to give her props.

" You're looking rather sparkly today. Did something good happen?" She wiggled her brows.

" Don't even start." I rolled my eyes.

" Okay don't get your panties in a bunch."

" Sorry, there's a lot going on."

" it's okay. I'm texting you his address now. It's not his house okay? He hangs out in some empty building. Is not a good place Ari. Honestly, I don't think you should even go there." She trailed off.

" it's okay I don't plan to storm the place or anything. I just want to talk to him."

" How are you gonna do that? He's already tried to hurt you."

" That's true but I gotta find out why. Maybe it's all a misunderstanding."

" Doubt it."

" Chill Amy I'm not trying to get myself killed or anything. I just want to find out what this is all about."