Mistake

It's been a week since my talk with that man. Yes I wasn't calling him dad. It kills me to think he could hurt Cass and I'm not letting that happen. I've been avoiding her and I told her I did not want to be her TA anymore. She did not fight it but I could tell she was hurt. We haven't spoken much at home either. It saddens me so much that I have to fight what I feel every day. I've been hanging around with Nikki seeing as I am still on bed rest. My heart hasn't acted up but it could. I've been partying particularly to much and sleeping with everything that moves. I've also been drinking way more than I should. Even Nikki is worried but I can't risk her too so I can't tell her anything.

" Ari. Hey common."

"Just leave me alone."

" I can't do that hun. You are way to trashed."

She grabbed me and basically dragged me into the car.

" You need to stop. I can't believe I am saying this but you are drinking way to much. And you are having mindless sex with everything that moves."

" Mind you business." I shouted slurring my words.

" It is my business when I'm loosing my best friend. Did something happen between you and Scarlet?"

" Please don't talk about her."

"Welp. Speak of the devil."

I hear the engine shut off assuming we where at my place.

" Hey Miss Scarlet."

" Please call me Cassandra or Cass. When we aren't in school."

I heard that Angelic voice. I had been avoiding her so much that I had forgotten what her voice did to me. It always stirred something inside me. Every ounce in my body begged for it to come out.

" Ok well Cass you need to help me. She needs help. She won't tell me what's going on. She has been different. Drinking and partying a lot. She has mindless sex every party we go to. I mean don't get me wrong she's always been like that but it's really bad. She likes you and respects you. Maybe you could get through to her."

I could hear Nikki but I was to drunk to tell her to stop.

" I'll take care of her. Thank you for telling me this."

I felt arms suddenly wrap around me and carry me like a recently wedded couple. Then I felt something hard as I was being let down and then suddenly really really cold water.

" What the hell." I shouted. As I squirmed inside the bathtub while cold water was soaking my clothes. I was quickly getting sober. " Turn it off" I shouted.

" No until you sober up." She shouted.

" Stop common! I'm sober please turn it off." I was still frantically squirming and shivering at the cold water piercing my skin.

I felt the water stop and then a towel thrown at me.

" Get changed. We need to talk." She said angrily. I had never heard anger in her voice. It gave me the chills.

"No. We don't. I don't want to talk to you." I couldn't. I would just breakdown and I could not afford to do so. I needed to protect her even if I had to hurt her.

" I'm not taking no for an answer. Get up. Get changed and come to my room. I'm not playing games Ariana."  She was really serious and something told me I better listen.

I hurried to her room after I got changed. I was now pretty much sober from the cold water.

I knocked.